Some are missing the ruin arguements

So i see there are a few posts where people are missing the point the argument is not that new ruin is bad it's the simple fact half the killers are suffering from lack of map pressure and the fact generators are just insanely fast right now again focus on the actual argument some killers in this game need something to help them with map pressure and that's what old ruin did it allowed the outdated killers to atleast be decent and now that its gone killers like clown for example are actual garbage right now.


So with that being said Toolboxes are not the only issue with new ruin it's outdated designs, terrible matt walker designed maps and lastly nothing to really slow the early game down. All this change has done is made Killers have to slug even more which as a killer main i only slug late game but i find myself having to play really boring and even as survivor i have noticed the increase in slugging and honestly it's a boring meta behavior if you are unwilling to bring old ruin back for the time being at least consider buffing Corrupt Intervention to 4 gens or something there needs to be a perk that can slow the early game down that's what allowed killers and survivors ample time to at least find enjoyment all you have done now is forced sweaty play from both sides.


Survivors rush gens now because they just want games over meanwhile Killers are slugging more and more just to slow the game down with that being said I agree ruin is not a terrible perk again the argument is there is no early game pressure anymore and what behavior is missing is by the time new ruin could be useful all the generators are done with the survivors sitting in the exit gates.

Comments

  • @Amygdala said:

    My favorite line is I don't need ruin to win, I need ruin to not be a massive dick.

    I agree i liked old ruin for the simple fact it allowed me to play fair and not have to play super sweaty just to win.

  • Not only did old ruin slow down the game for the killers that require more time to down a survivor but it also kept newb survivors out of red ranks. Now they are "top tier" and they can't even loop a killer.

    I agree with everything you said but please learn to use a period. Your paragraphs were almost one long sentence.

  • @Amygdala said:

    My favorite line is I don't need ruin to win, I need ruin to not be a massive dick.

    That’s maybe you but I didn’t notice any change in fair/unfair play from killers before and after ruin change.

    in fact, most ruin-users were pretty ‚toxic’ before the change, especially camping a hooked survivor when in proximity to the totem, thus making the „just gen rush if killer is camping“ less viable.

  • @Amygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1066766#Comment_1066766

    I noticed a big change in red ranks. Heck a lot of games there's a killer that would use a Mori now. Consecutive matches with Moris, Is something I don't see a lot in red ranks. NOED is sneaking its way too and notice it a lot more now.

    Maybe I am just ‚lucky’ but this is nothing new for me in red ranks.. no one played nice because they had more time with ruin. If I had to take a side I would say there are less ‚toxic’ killers now because it’s not as easy for them to stay there without ruin.