Attempt to make second chance perks more fair for the other side

Second chance perks are undoubtedly needed, but are a nuisance when they get comboed with "dirty" tactics. And since I see a lot of complaining, but few suggestions, I'd like to throw my two cents:

-NOED: I know I know, "just cleanse totems". But when the killer camps? "Just do gens". This perk makes camping a lose-lose situation for survivors since against a camping killer they don't have time to do totems, and I'm pretty sure no one likes camping and wants to see it rewarded.

My suggestion: the exposed effect is applied only to survivors who have been hooked at least once.

Non-camping killers would hardly feel the change since it's very rare to not hooked everyone once. But Insidious Bubbas would get little value out of it.

-Decisive Strike: the "anti-tunnel" perk which is used at high ranks to tank hits and make bold plays with little consequence.

My suggestion: reduce the time to 20 (or 30, not sure) seconds, but the timer stops during a chase in the killer's proximity (to avoid moonwalking exploits) and when downed.

That would make it better to counter tunneling, but less abusable by cocky survivors.

-Borrowed Time: I don't really consider it a second chance, but it shares the same problem of being abusable (usually to bumrush the hook).

My suggestion: add a 40-60s cooldown.

This way it can't be spammed over and over again and survivors must think a bit more strategically when to use it to not waste it.

Comments

  • I like those changes :)

  • I like it too.

    I had made a suggestion once to make borrowed time an exhaustion perk (like every other second chance perk out there). That way you have to be strategic in your use of exhaustion. And gives the option to not use it (not holding Sprint while unhooking allows you to unhook normally without triggering BT and exhausting you.) And if you are exhausted. No BT. Wait for exhaustion to run out or perform a safe unhook.