Addressing the Real Issue

Sorry for the title, I just figured it would grab attention.

I just feel like everyone else making balance suggestions is making the same mistake that the devs have been. You've been making band-aid fixes to vital issues. The objective itself is unbalanceable. Gens need overhauling completely. As does ranked.

  • I recommend changing generators. Massively increase the amount of time taken to do a gen to like 4 minutes, but put parts around the map that you can collect and put into generators, which would work similarly to brand new part. Ideally if you found all 5 parts required to rush up as gen it would take 80 secs total for one person to fix it, but this would be broken up by them running around digging through scraps and boxes to find them across the map.
  • This would be better for survivors because they aren't just holding m1, they're actively searching for gens. This is better for killers because while survivors could co ordinate to boost individual gens, they would still have to run or sneak around, giving him more time and more chances to find people as the map traffic exponentially increases.
  • This stops them from having to reduce map sizes, because they can keep the number of boxes and scraps equal on every map like they do gens, meaning survivors also have to run all over these huge maps looking for parts.
  • This makes trapper and hag stronger because it gives them time and opens up more traps due to the aforementioned traffic increase.
  • Demogorgon might need looking at as a result, because survivors only being at gens for 20 second periods will definitely have its issues when he can detect and travel there whenever they tap a gen.
  • This also means all the slowdown perks would need touching. I'd imagine you probably couldn't finish a game with new ruin in its current state. Pop would be devastating too.
  • This means loops can stay powerful as there's plenty of time for big chases. We all know that the chase is the best part of the game, and I can say I would actually chase good loopers if they made this (admittedly massive) overhaul to the primary objective.
  • Also toolboxes would need to become sabo only, maybe with Brand New Part giving you a part at the start of the game.

Sorry about the formatting, I copy/pasted this mostly from another thread.

Furthermore, ranked definitely should go to mmr, but what rank you arrive in should be based on what % of the playerbase your MMR lands you in. Red ranks should only be the top 10-15% of players, not what it is now. Hard caps on who you can queue with and what killers you can face should be implemented. With red ranks only being capable of queuing against red and purple, and only queuing with red and purple. Purple with red purple and green, etc.

This solves the sloppy mess that is red ranks and should bring about competitive games, preventing what happened to me, where once I hit green ranks every game was at least two reds and a purple. I made it to rank 6 before being deranked by 2 level and deciding to try and climb up to find survivors I should be facing.

The queue times are long because nobody wants to play killer. Matchmaking and the objective are the two things standing in the way of a healthy multiplayer experience.

I'm not going to go on about bug fixes. They will be done. Spaghetti code can do this to a game, and I'm sure it's a ballache to crawl through the code to find what bandaid broke the dam.

As frustrated as I am, I would buy a lot more auric cells than I already have if something like this could be implemented.

Let me know what you think.

Comments