Watching yourself against streamers afterwards

Does anyone else do this, the only “big name,” I’ve played against is Drey as his Doctor obviously and against tyde when I was spirit. But anytime I go against a TTV I check after game I’d they’re on and give them a follow, then I’ll watch the game later or the next day to see it from their side.

Sometimes I learn what I did wrong or how different sides plan things.

Last night was the best, as Billy the other team (3 on comms) decided that I had insta saw AND curve Billy at the same time lol. They also said I must have been sniping because I knew none of them had DS... uhm no obsession at all guys.

Comments

  • I would love having a feature where you could playback the match from other perspectives. But watching from a streamers account? I would cringe too much I think.

  • @kamisen said:

    I would love having a feature where you could playback the match from other perspectives. But watching from a streamers account? I would cringe too much I think.

    It’s kind of fun when it’s a small one, it’s almost just the playing for their friends

  • I honestly just learned to laugh at it. Sometimes you’re simply outplayed, and if I look stupid? Okay, I’m fine with it. It’s a learnable moment. I’ve played against a few of my fave streamers, like Cahlaflour, and honestly, I just look at it as more content from them with the added bonus of “Hey look! That’s me!”.

    I don’t treat the games any differently than how it would playing against a normal set of survivors, because beside the fact they’re streaming, they’re just players like me, you, and everyone else. I’m not gonna bother going try hard on something that doesn’t really matter to me personally, I get too stressed out when I try hard, so it’s not worth the hassle.

    Have I done really well on stream? Yeah. Have I done really bad on stream? Yeah. But hey, at least I’m playing with the mindset of “I can improve” not that “I need to improve”. But at the end of the day I don’t mope over it, and I just go back into another match. Streamers can teach valuable lessons about the game while just being flat out fun to watch; and who doesn’t like that? I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything else.

  • Honestly... I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you already hate that streamer.