So, how about this for progress pips?

Some time ago I made the comment that if you scape as survivor then you should get rank progress, or if as killer you get 3 or 4 kills, then also you should get rank progress. This because those are the main objectives for each and it sucks that when you had a good match you get no progress or even lose progress because either the killer or survivor actually did poorly.

Although, for survivors someone made a VERY GOOD POINT by mentioning that a survivor could just stay there doing nothing, let the other team members do all the work and scape, which in that case, getting rank progress is not fair.

So, how about this?:

You get rank progress if you scape and have a minimum BPs amount (for example the BPs equivalent of fixing two gens, just as an example, I'm not saying this is the optimal amount)

So in essence, you scape (main objective) plus you have at least that minimum amount of BPs (ensuring you actually did something during the match) so then you do get rank progress.

And of course something similar for killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Escaping =/= skilled gameplay

    4king =/= skilled gameplay

    The casual aspects of dbd are its downfall.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Escaping =/= skilled gameplay

    4king =/= skilled gameplay

    The casual aspects of dbd are its downfall.

    Which is why there might be an optimal minimum amount of BPs that can ensure that at the very least, you have to have average skills. Is just an idea.

  • @sluc16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061498#Comment_1061498

    Which is why there might be an optimal minimum amount of BPs that can ensure that at the very least, you have to have average skills. Is just an idea.

    Yea but bp =/= skill either

    Thanks for taking initiative and I hope you can figure something out mate.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1061520#Comment_1061520

    Yea but bp =/= skill either

    Thanks for taking initiative and I hope you can figure something out mate.

    The pont is not that you where skilled in the match. Is not fair that as a survivor, I get no progress just because the killer did bad and I got no chase or unhooking or healing point, but is also not fair if I get progress for doing nothing, therefore survive + minimum BPs .

  • Kills for pips is bad. It promotes Camping and Tunneling, both of which are "toxic" to Survivors. The Killer Cube when we had it was pretty bad for this. You had a lot of Campers who got boosted because Survivors were hungry for the saves and would lemming rush hoping their Perks would save them in the end. It was not very fun. Most matches I played in back then were either 1k or 4k, very very little in between.

    Pips for Bloodpoints sucked. REALLY sucked. I say that as a Killer who started when this was a thing. Earning 20k+ BP every match was awesome, but getting boosted to Rank 1 every month when I was playing like a green rank Killer really sucked. You could run on auto-pilot, get a bunch of BP, rank up, and that was okay with 0 kills. Never, ever again please.

    Emblems can work, but they need tweaked in the points you get from them. It is insanely easy to get emblems as a Survivor, but Killers need to work to earn theirs. Which seems a bit backwards imo as there are 4 Survivors trying to get their goals, and only 1 Killer.

    Killer side of things seems okay, maybe a bit harsh, although the change to Gatekeeper really helped. Survivor side needs toned down though. I never even consider escaping as my goal anymore. I just help my team, get downed quick in chases because I suck at looping, and generally have a bit of fun. Almost guaranteed pip. If I depip it's because the Killer camped me from first hook or my team mates think that unhooking in the Killer's face is acceptable when they don't have Borrowed Time.

  • The ranking was originally off bloodpoints but they are so easy to get now as everything has been increased over time.

    You also have to be careful with ranking using this idea as once either side has got enough bloodpoints they can just let themselves die or not sacrifice and never rank up keeping easier games.

    Survivor would be a lot easier to abuse since they can just stay in game letting the egc kill them.

    This is why doing well should equate to many factors on both sides with the multiple kills and an escape being part of it for a double pip but not a single one imo.