Nothing will change

Day after day, I check in on these forums and it's one post after another about nerf, buff and killer reworks.

Am I the only player that thinks anything done to this game before map reworks is asinine?

So much of the toxicity and frustration felt by players right now is a result of unbalanced maps.

Other than match making fixes nothing is going to help this game grow and prosper until maps are addressed.

Am I alone out here? Does anyone else see maps as the biggest issue holding this game back?

I know a lot of people are angry about ruin. It seems to me ruin was used by killers to counter unbalanced maps. Without ruin, the low mobility killers are reduced to nothing more than a plaything for good survivor teams.

Comments

  • Do you remember?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Maps, but mostly the volume of assists that assist survivors in chases and greatly hinder killers in chases. Makes for a totally frustrating experience as killer.

    I understand your frustrations about survivor perks. I however, feel like they can all be dealt with if I dont have to travel across the state of Texas to find them and initiate a chase. Time is the one thing you just cant get back in this game. Nothing punishes a killer like lost time.

  • The game can just suck the wettest turd out of my fartbox. It's just a lost cause now

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1059546#Comment_1059546

    I’ve edited my post. I meant map assets. Pallets, vaults, confusing structures that make it easy to lose LoS on killer. There’s far too many of them. It’s ludicrous that the devs have allowed for the possibility that just 1 survivor could potentially lead the killer around the entire map and never get caught if they’re familiar with all the tiles.

    I agree some of the loops are ridiculous. I dont even chase a survivor's once I realize where their trying to lead me now a days. I just leave them and try and pressure gens.

  • Had a Leatherface daily today. Loaded him up and got put into Sanctum of Wrath. Barely got into a chase, I don't think I even hit them once. Pretty quickly, I had to just stop and go afk because between allergies and straining to see on that dark map, my eyes were burning. Plus, my feet were tired from all that walking.

    There are so many issues with maps in this game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Maps are the second biggest issue. The company themselves are the biggest issue, unfortunately.

    The game will never be good as long as the cooperate side of things prefers pumping in even more monetization into the game and making "balance" changes to make newbies happy so they get milk the teats of their wallets easier, rather than give a game crying out for help the medical attention it desperately needs.

    The game still needs:

    • Several Balance changes
    • Several bug fixes
    • Several Optimization fixes
    • A proper options menu
    • Proper dedicated servers
    • Near a couple dozen map reworks
    • A breath of fresh air to the current stale gameplay
    • A better matchmaking system
    • A proper separation between Solos and SWFs
    • An easier and less daunting barrier of entry for new players

    I cant argue with that list at all. I just feel like for me personally. If the maps were viable I could still enjoy the game while the devs figured the rest of it out.