Buff for the Clown to make him better

Poor Clown, he is by far the worst Killer in the game, I like his power, but what Clown does Freddy can do 10x better. So here are some ideas to make him a lot better.

Clown changes

Reload Time

His reload time is painfully long, I have two ideas on how to fix this issue.

First Idea:

  • Decrease the base reload time from 5 to 3 or 2.5 seconds.

Second idea:

  • Decrease the reload time to 4 seconds. The reload time will decrease with the amount of bottles you have left, so if you have 3 bottles still with you, your reload will take only one second, because you are missing only one bottle, 2 bottles will result in 2 second long reload, ect...
Post-throw Cooldown

Just remove it, the one second cooldown hinders him the most.

Sounds

Remove the sound when vaulting a window, he is the only Killer that does this, it gives Survivors so much information about what is he doing.

Slow Down

Increase the slowdown for the Survivors from 15% to 20 or 25%, or increase the duration of the slowdown from 2.5 to 3 or 3.5 seconds.

Direct bottle hit

Make it more rewarding to hit a Survivor with a bottle, if you hit a Survivor directly with the bottle they will move slower longer, or they will be slowed down more.

Give more purpose to the gas clouds

Other than just slowing Survivors, they could do something for the Clown too, I think this was actually in the PTB, but I'm not sure.

So if the gas Cloud is near a window the Clown will vault faster, from 1.7 second vault to 1.3 second vault maybe.


That's all I have for this poor creature, I would love to hear you opinions on this. Thank you for reading. :)

Comments

  • Suggestion on your reload ideas.. Add 1 bottle per second.. so if you're empty, and reload for 2 seconds, you get 2 bottles back, don't have to fully reload each time.

    And I agree the bottles could boost up the clown's powers, maybe with an add-on, or base kit really. Sniffing those pink fumes could give him heightened senses (better hearing maybe?) or killer instinct tracking if someone's within X meters from him?

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    Suggestion on your reload ideas.. Add 1 bottle per second.. so if you're empty, and reload for 2 seconds, you get 2 bottles back, don't have to fully reload each time.

    And I agree the bottles could boost up the clown's powers, maybe with an add-on, or base kit really. Sniffing those pink fumes could give him heightened senses (better hearing maybe?) or killer instinct tracking if someone's within X meters from him?

    I think it would be cool if the Clown could get a speed boost when standing in the gas cloud for breaking pallets and gens, something around 10 or 20% increase to breaking pallets and kicking gens.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1056781#Comment_1056781

    I think it would be cool if the Clown could get a speed boost when standing in the gas cloud for breaking pallets and gens, something around 10 or 20% increase to breaking pallets and kicking gens.

    Faster reload speed if you stand in a cloud, so if you use your last bottle on a survivor, you either give chase but without any bottles left, or reload faster than usual in the cloud before chasing but risk losing them.


    As much as I would like a movement speed boost, would be a bit overkill since the survivor is already slowed down.. but yeah if you miss the survivor then you could get a boost. There's probably a way to work that in, it would be nice seeing the clown cross the map by throwing bottles at the ground and going into the clouds to get a small boost to his base speed.