Can we talk fixing priorities...

So,

I'm gonna be real here with you guys. I try to understand the devs. I've expressed my opinions on them, but I still try to give them a chance.

But why are their ideas of fixing things so sided to survivors.

Alright, here we go about devs being survivor sided right? Ehhh, kinda. Not everything has been survivor sided, bit recent events kinda point that way. Enough about the generality, let's focus on the topic.

So, why do I believe that devs seem survivor sided with fixes? Let me use a few of the last bigger bugs to show my opinion.

DS was having an issue where, against doc, it wouldn't work because it didnt gave a madness skillcheck variant. Within the span of 1 hotfix, that was fixed. I will say, I thought it was fair.

Legion had an issue where if he was blinded while vaulting, he could insta-down someone. This was also patched in the span of 1 hotfix. I will say that it was a fair fix though.

Now, we had an issue with the wraith and spirit had glitchy lunges after coming out of their powers. I believe that took about 2 months to fix.

Killers have had sound issues while chasing a survivor. I have experienced it, as I have lost lots of chases because of it. It has been in the game for over 2 months now.

I learned this one from someone else on the forums. In a post, he says that there has been a glitch for the nurse that messes up her blink, causing her to not be able to execute her power. I have seen it happen in videos that are years old now, and this is still in the game!

Freddy now has an issue, from last I checked, where he puts down snairs and it takes a few extra seconds for him to interact with anything.

Now, I know what some people are thinking, "oh, you mainly only listed killer issues, that must mean you favor killers. Just git gud and apply pressure nub gg ez". Well, I don't have many bigger issues for survivor because they get fixed so quickly. Only reason I mentioned the DS was because it was recent, but is now fixed.

"Survivor issues are easier to fix". Well, why was legion's insta-down thing fixed so quick? "DS was a game breaking issue" well, why are sounds for killer still messed up. It is a core mechanic of the game. "There are less survivor issues, meaning they can focus on killer ones". Yeah, again, this because they fix the issues for survivor much quicker than killer, therefore, less issues for survivors. "Survivor issues affect the core of their gameplay". Well, what about core killer mechanics? "But the killers deserve these issues, as they are to powerful without them". Hey, this is only about fixing issues, not balancing and reworking shiz.

My point is: Survivors get their things fixed much quicker than killers. Why is it that devs choose go be this way?

Devs, please explain yourself on why this is a thing.



Tl;dr survivors get fixes much more often than killers. Reasons explained above.

Comments

  • Survivors equal 4 times the money compared to a killer in the devs eyes. So they want to appease the bigger player base.

  • I don't think they prioritize survivor bug fixes, but I think they try to fix whatever they can fix without breaking something else. Take, for example, Wraith and Spirit's lunge. If the devs aren't careful with their fix, these killers could get a super lunge or maybe their lunge could still be broken in some scenarios(increased movement speed, add ons). It's better to be thorough than roll out fixes that don't fix a damn thing.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    Survivors equal 4 times the money compared to a killer in the devs eyes. So they want to appease the bigger player base.

    Technically survivors aren't that plentiful, but survivors also can't get matches without killers. Focusing only on one side isn't good for business.

  • @Huntress_Lullaby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1056169#Comment_1056169

    that is true things and also, the "theres more survivors than killer" thing is not all right because the majority of killer also play survivor, so its misleading to say that

    Even people in my swf play killer. It's hard to imagine that even with so much evidence to the contrary, people believe there is a serious killer shortage happening. Most people don't even know about how the devs admitted they broke matchmaking or the fact that all survivors are pushed to red and purple ranks while killers still don't pip if they use an instadown power. My point is people should stop getting angry and accusatory and start becoming more helpful and constructive, because shouting at BHVR will not show them the specific imbalance in the game.