Ranks DEFINITELY arent accurate.
Just had a wonderful match on Grim Pantry (one of the most survivor-sided maps) where all my team were red ranks against a rank 17 Trapper.
Guess what ? I did 4 gens by myself, broke all the totems, unhooked everyone two times, getting chased for half the match. What did they do ? Stealthing with urban evasion and spine chill (when they werent downed after 2 seconds in chase. We all died.
Now it's not even about matchmaking, it's about knowing how to play at this point. It's so frustrating to spend 20 minutes basically doing all the work by yourself and nobody does anything they just crouch around / are down, and when you go in the postgame menu thinking "that's ok, they just are new players" and see they ALL are red ranks, this is complete bs.
Can't wait for this "skill rating" even if it's unaccurate at least this will be better in all cases than that.
Comments
i dont like complaining about other people, but there, gosh, i had to.
While killers ranks are usually fine now, survivors ranks are completely inaccurate in the high and mid ranks (low ranks are fine)
It's the current state of survivor ranks. Because they can easily pip to red ranks doing literally nothing we're seeing more and more potatoes sitting in red ranks. I get way too many of them in my matches when I'm playing survivor. It's as you say, they sneak around the map, barely touch gens, and my personal favourite: Self-Caring in a corner. Never fails to impress.
Did I mention they all had Self-care and Urban Evasion (with two of them having Spine Chill) ?
My favorite, self-caring under hook
I think the tome challenges are adding to the problem. I love that they added something else to do, but when survivors only focus on completing their personal challenge it can screw over the team.
Oof. You win the Worst Self-Care teammates! ๐
for now i still havent seen a "dont touch the gens" challenge
the most annoying one being the WGLF challenge, i think that's not the problem right now
oh yeah, imagine how much my mind was blown when that Feng started self-caring under hook in the basement while the trappy was coming back (and then she hides in the locker, with a rushed ofc)
I'd love to know the thought process of the rank reset changes. It was obvious to all of us that all survivors would end up as red rank. Could this have been to justify the planned MMR system perhaps?