That Kampo Trainee Nurse outfit though..

Makes me want to learn Nurse just so I have an excuse to buy it. Anybody got it?

Also, drop tips below for Nurse please 👇🏽

Comments

  • @coppersly said:

    Tip #1

    Don't.

    Don't tell me what to do.

  • Let me rephrase,

    Please don't. For your sanity.


    In all honesty it's not a good time to learn Nurse right now. She has game breaking bugs and her playstyle is a shell of what it used to be. Buy the cosmetic by all means but don't expect to have any fun during it.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046995#Comment_1046995

    Let me rephrase,

    Please don't. For your sanity.

    In all honesty it's not a good time to learn Nurse right now. She has game breaking bugs and her playstyle is a shell of what it used to be. Buy the cosmetic by all means but don't expect to have any fun during it.

    Did they do something to her? Last time I checked she was the most efficient Killer..

    Sorry I didnt keep up with patch notes until just recently with the Ruin rework.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047005#Comment_1047005

    Did they do something to her? Last time I checked she was the most efficient Killer..

    Sorry I didnt keep up with patch notes until just recently with the Ruin rework.

    Yes a few patches back they did an "addon pass" for her that resulted in her getting a cooldown into her basekit. So now you spend at least half of the game walking at the slowest speed in game waiting for your power, and that's if the cooldown didn't 99% you and ruin your double blink, or you don't get a game breaking bug that prevents you from blinking at all, or any mind-game possibilities she had are all gone, and the fun factor of playing her is almost non-existent because what is fun about watching someone dodge your telegraphed hit with barely any skill involved?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They reworked all of the nurse's addons and added a cooldown after using a blink on top of the fatigue. Previously, the Nurse could double blink, go through fatigue so the Dev's added a recharge mechanic for blink charges that has added a limit to how quickly she can blink.

    Rather than immediately receiving all her blink charges following fatigue, she will instead regain charges one at a time, so you have to always look at the blink charge bar the entire game. She's still powerful, but only if you hit every attack on every blink without missing.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047013#Comment_1047013

    @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047013#Comment_1047013

    Yes a few patches back they did an "addon pass" for her that resulted in her getting a cooldown into her basekit. So now you spend at least half of the game walking at the slowest speed in game waiting for your power, and that's if the cooldown didn't 99% you and ruin your double blink, or you don't get a game breaking bug that prevents you from blinking at all, or any mind-game possibilities she had are all gone, and the fun factor of playing her is almost non-existent because what is fun about watching someone dodge your telegraphed hit with barely any skill involved?

    Is there a specific reason why they decided to do this to her? I mean, I know she was favored more in high ranks and only on PC. I play on ps4 so I'm guessing this change/nerf is twice as bad for console players?

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047047#Comment_1047047

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047028#Comment_1047028

    Is there a specific reason why they decided to do this to her? I mean, I know she was favored more in high ranks and only on PC. I play on ps4 so I'm guessing this change/nerf is twice as bad for console players?

    Yeah on console she was already pretty bad, and while she is still technically playable why put yourself through the torture?

    As for the reason, according to them it wasn't because of balance (they have said they don't want to balance the game around the high elos but they changed a killer who was only good in high elo SOOOOOO) but because of some unknown reason to us, something about her kit they didn't like. They were very vague with it as I recall.

  • As beautiful as the nurse is, I would recommend not putting yourself through that torture :,-)

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047087#Comment_1047087

    Yeah on console she was already pretty bad, and while she is still technically playable why put yourself through the torture?

    As for the reason, according to them it wasn't because of balance (they have said they don't want to balance the game around the high elos but they changed a killer who was only good in high elo SOOOOOO) but because of some unknown reason to us, something about her kit they didn't like. They were very vague with it as I recall.

    Wowzers. Okay well, I will try her out and see how she works for me.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047098#Comment_1047098

    Wowzers. Okay well, I will try her out and see how she works for me.

    I mean I wish you good luck. She was extremely fun and extremely unique in terms of gameplay, for this game and gaming in general. I hope you have fun with her, but I seriously doubt you will.

  • Even after putting over 300 hrs of play just on her, she is medium tier at best. She has the hardest learning curve and one of the lowest kill rates across the board. She needs to be buffed or reworked by doing something, Ive even give some ideas:

    a) increase her base speed to 4.2-4.4 just like hag/spirit/huntress.

    b) give her 3-4 blinks as opposed to 2.

    c) Make one recharge bar recharge blinks to maximum (ie. one recharge bar gives you the 2 blinks at once)

    d) remove the fatigue and leave the recharges as they are.

    e) remove the blink c/ds while not in a chase, that way you start every chase w 2 blinks.

    Any one of these changes would put her back in a very good spot without being as OP as she was.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047106#Comment_1047106

    I mean I wish you good luck. She was extremely fun and extremely unique in terms of gameplay, for this game and gaming in general. I hope you have fun with her, but I seriously doubt you will.

    I will keep you posted.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Apparently adding counter-play to her by making her worse to play because we all know how easy it is to predict every survivors movements.

    /s

    Yes you are correct, as now you are not only punished for missing, but also for playing nurse, because even if you hit or miss you have to go through a 2 fatigues and a cooldown to top it all off.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047087#Comment_1047087

    Thats alot of fatigue. I don't like fatigue, I don't think anyone does. Did they leave her ultra rare's alone considering they're ultra rares?

  • @Tro said:

    Even after putting over 300 hrs of play just on her, she is medium tier at best. She has the hardest learning curve and one of the lowest kill rates across the board. She needs to be buffed or reworked by doing something, Ive even give some ideas:

    a) increase her base speed to 4.2-4.4 just like hag/spirit/huntress.

    b) give her 3-4 blinks as opposed to 2.

    c) Make one recharge bar recharge blinks to maximum (ie. one recharge bar gives you the 2 blinks at once)

    d) remove the fatigue and leave the recharges as they are.

    e) remove the blink c/ds while not in a chase, that way you start every chase w 2 blinks.

    Any one of these changes would put her back in a very good spot without being as OP as she was.

    Removing fatigue would be a great step towards making her viable again if she isn't at this point.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047151#Comment_1047151

    Removing fatigue would be a great step towards making her viable again if she isn't at this point.

    She's still viable, they didn't absolutely murder her power, just the fun and versatility of it. But yes removing the fatigue would help a lot.

    Also, they changed all of her addons, and also she didn't have any ultra rares before the pass because she was back in the day when they had no standardization on things like that so she never received one. And one of her new ultra rares hurts you more than it helps you since it removes your ability to go through walls.

  • So, how was the Nurse match?

  • So I played her twice. First game was ouch, 2nd game I only got one sacrifice D; and its only because the same person kept running into me. Ugh I feel like crap for killin em' though.

  • @Unicorn said:

    So I played her twice. First game was ouch, 2nd game I only got one sacrifice D; and its only because the same person kept running into me. Ugh I feel like crap for killin em' though.

    Normally I would say don't give up she has an insane learning curve but currently... yeah I can't lie to you, give up before you invest too much into her :(

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047343#Comment_1047343

    Normally I would say don't give up she has an insane learning curve but currently... yeah I can't lie to you, give up before you invest too much into her :(

    Meh :[ thanks anyway though, I appreciate the advice/information.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047390#Comment_1047390

    Meh :[ thanks anyway though, I appreciate the advice/information.

    No problem. In a better world you could've stuck with it and gotten the absolutely amazing thrill of blinking through walls and floors to land hits. God I miss Nurse so much :.(

  • Fun fact: The new skin looks like a cigarette at long range

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047410#Comment_1047410

    No problem. In a better world you could've stuck with it and gotten the absolutely amazing thrill of blinking through walls and floors to land hits. God I miss Nurse so much :.(

    She was the first Killer I was interested in when I first tried Dead By Daylight about 3-4 years ago (and Huntress). Her whole art design, play style and all just intrigued me. I used to play alot in my beginning year but then I realized the higher you climbed as Killer the harder it got for me to play Killer. As of then I'm now a Survivor and only play Killer if Matchmaking is taking too long or if I have a challenge/ritual. I really hope they look into the fatigue though. I think that'd really nail the issue right on the spot.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Fun fact: The new skin looks like a cigarette at long range

    What kind of cigarette?

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047419#Comment_1047419

    She was the first Killer I was interested in when I first tried Dead By Daylight about 3-4 years ago (and Huntress). Her whole art design, play style and all just intrigued me. I used to play alot in my beginning year but then I realized the higher you climbed as Killer the harder it got for me to play Killer. As of then I'm now a Survivor and only play Killer if Matchmaking is taking too long or if I have a challenge/ritual. I really hope they look into the fatigue though. I think that'd really nail the issue right on the spot.

    When I first started she was one of the first killers I gravitated towards as well, but back then I thought she was trash because I had nooooo clue how she really worked lol. It took a hundred, maybe 2, hours of other killers before I jumped back onto her and actually learned her.

    It's funny to think at one point I thought she was the utter worst most trash killer in the game xD

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047442#Comment_1047442

    When I first started she was one of the first killers I gravitated towards as well, but back then I thought she was trash because I had nooooo clue how she really worked lol. It took a hundred, maybe 2, hours of other killers before I jumped back onto her and actually learned her.

    It's funny to think at one point I thought she was the utter worst most trash killer in the game xD

    Lol thats what i thought of Billy tbh. Yet he's still a strong Killer. I hope they don't end up messing with his kit/playstyle. In my opinion, billy is the most balanced Killer on dbd but thats just my opinion.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047460#Comment_1047460

    Lol thats what i thought of Billy tbh. Yet he's still a strong Killer. I hope they don't end up messing with his kit/playstyle. In my opinion, billy is the most balanced Killer on dbd but thats just my opinion.

    They've already said both chainsaw bois are getting addon passes.

    You know what that means 🤪🤪🤪

  • I'm sorry you had such a rough time as her, if you do decide to play her again I hope it's better but there's a reason why I basically refuse to play her. xD

  • Cant say much aside what has already been said..we can hope she comes back in a better state eventually but for now..I'd only reccomend messing with her on occasion tbh...sad as shes one of the most unique killers in game

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047472#Comment_1047472

    They've already said both chainsaw bois are getting addon passes.

    You know what that means 🤪🤪🤪

    -cries a little inside-

  • She’s broken and needs a buff or a rework.

  • @Tro said:

    She’s broken and needs a buff or a rework.

    I'd rather not a rework, I love her concept and she has some of the most unique and engaging gameplay of any character in modern games. Just remove the dumb hat on a hat of a cooldown and listen to what the players are suggesting BHVR.