Queue times

Fix new killer queue times please. I recently bought the game and being rank 20? (20 is where you start right?) I queued in as killer. Took 46 minutes to find a match. Try as survivor and it took moments. I bought the game to play killer since I thought it'd be cool but if I wanted to play a waiting to get into instance game, I'd play an mmo as a dps. I tried multiple times to see if the killer queue was just a one off thing but it's been consistent 30+ minutes each time. I don't know if it's a rank thing or whatnot but I ain't having fun and the only reason I haven't refunded is because I've been technically been playing the game for longer than steam's refund policy allows because I've been waiting in lobby.

Comments

  • That’s odd. Usually Killer queue times are super low because there is a shortage on people playing Killer, and survivor queue times are the long ass ones. So allow me to ask: What time were you playing?

    If you queued at a good time then the queue times might actually be bugged now.

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    That’s odd. Usually Killer queue times are super low because there is a shortage on people playing Killer, and survivor queue times are the long ass ones. So allow me to ask: What time were you playing?

    If you queued at a good time then the queue times might actually be bugged now.

    Red rank survivors have garbage queue times but also brown rank killers have garbage queue times.

    I don't know how BHVR even did that, but they did.

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    That’s odd. Usually Killer queue times are super low because there is a shortage on people playing Killer, and survivor queue times are the long ass ones. So allow me to ask: What time were you playing?

    If you queued at a good time then the queue times might actually be bugged now.

    Tried 12-9pm est for my playtimes

  • That was main reason I moved to killer (had no idea how much fun it actually is) but I never wait. Usually what happens (especially when new, I just started about 3 weeks ago) you will always play survivors higher than you. Even now at 16 I am playing against sub 10's more than I am survivors in my rank range.


    Is it possible you were trying to play during the patch they were running today? That would have caused delays.

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    That’s odd. Usually Killer queue times are super low because there is a shortage on people playing Killer, and survivor queue times are the long ass ones. So allow me to ask: What time were you playing?

    If you queued at a good time then the queue times might actually be bugged now.

    That's only at high ranks. Low ranks is the exact opposite. Guess why.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043372#Comment_1043372

    That's only at high ranks. Low ranks is the exact opposite. Guess why.

    Well I play on PS4 and when I was a brown rank Killer I instantly got into queues or waited only like a minute. Very odd...

  • @Darth_Cader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043403#Comment_1043403

    Well I play on PS4 and when I was a brown rank Killer I instantly got into queues or waited only like a minute. Very odd...

    Really? My friend is a rank 18 killer atm and he has 10+ min queues quite often.