Possible Survivor change
People are always contemplating how to even out either side. Nerf this, buff that. Remove this item, replace this one. What if we didn't mess with perks at all or items
My question is. How game changing would it be if survivor POV was made to first person. The same as a killers. Now I can automatically see some issues involving this, I'm not blind to it
It would make survivors running a bit more difficult. It would make working on generators and healing more difficult because they can't see around objects. Obviously it seems like a giant survivor nerf than a balance. However I can see some good to this. It would make survivors question their tactics a bit more, but while doing so you're saving the harm of having to touch any perks. Besides the ones that need obvious reworking of course. It would give survivors the slight cripple they need so killer and survivor has an equal chance of accomplishing their goal based on their skill level.
Plus it would make the game more nerve racking in my opinion. Having to face the killer from a first person point of view. Making the game a bit more scary as it's background was first meant to create, than it actually has today.
Comments
I feel like this would destroy survivors. The game is balanced around survivors having a third person view. Many mindgames would not be possible if survivors were in first person view.
On the contrary. Killers are able to mind game in first person, they could make it so when you worked on a generator your POV switched to third person, and while running you could still look behind you just like in real life. Your view could still be altered so you're not just stuck in a front view the entire time. This would still make the game playable and loops mindgameable.
I guess if you could still look behind you some loops could still be mindgameable. I still think this would hurt survivors way too much and throw the game's balance out of the window though. This game has been designed with survivors third player view in mind from the very beginnning.
Yes you're right, however if you've played enough recently. Experienced the queue timers as survivor waiting for a lobby that a killer is in. You'll understand that the state DBD is currently in, it's going downhill. Unless something major changes for the better that brings an end to what I call, the reverse snowball, that has been affecting Dead by Daylight. It'll end up being a game equal to an Atari, people play it but only for nostalgia.