Sick of Survivors Taking Advantage of the Lack of Conceding
I'm playing the killer. The survivors have powered the exits. All survivors have either escaped or were sacrificed, save for one. This one survivor refused to leave through either of the two exits or the hatch.
Twenty minutes later, they hop down into the basement AFTER seeing that I went AFK on the basement stairs just so they could report me for taking the game hostage.
Sure wish there was a concede option...
Comments
Five minutes after both exits were opened:
Me: "Do I have to report you for taking the game hostage? You know you can escape at any time, right?"
Them: "I can get the hatch lol"
Ten minutes later:
"Reported" (via their Xbox profile)
"Sure dude"
"baby killerino why so angry"
"Because the game is over 2 years old and the devs have yet to put in a concede option to prevent survivors from taking the game hostage. The match was over TWENTY PLUS minutes ago, yet here we still are because a survivor refuses to leave."
"You're lucky there isn't a harassment option to report you for."
"You trapped me in the basement" (I went AFK on the basement stairs. Turns out he was bluffing/lying, as I later saw visual notifications elsewhere on the map, not in the basement)
"And the killer refuses to look for me so there you go"
"I shouldn't have to look for you. The game is over. Both exits are open; the hatch is open."
"So you're refusing to play the game?"
"Sorry dude, that's a report for farming and unsportsmanship"
"There is no game left to play! There's nothing stopping a survivor from hiding somewhere on the map and just move around to different hiding spots so that the killer can never find them. You are not playing the game as intended: the survivors' goal is to escape, and you are refusing to."
"So what's your goal as the killer?"
"To sit back and let the survivors escape? That's not what the devs intended."
"So, what, the survivor gets to take the game hostage until THEY decided when the match is over? If they don't want to escape, they don't have to, and if the killer gives up you report them? What is wrong with you??"
"Nope you're refusing to play and I'm in the basement. You are blockking my way and not looking for me. YOU have the game hostage." (lies, again)
"YOU refused to leave and YOU CHOSE to hop down into the basement AFTER seeing that I was blocking the stairs! Probably did that so you could report me for taking the game hostage like the troll you are..."
"Nope. You are afk for no reason. I wanted the chest so now I'm stuck here genius."
"Move, look for me or quit. You took the game hostage."
Then I saw visual notifications across the map and went to play another game on my other monitor until he finally gave up and escaped, a full hour after the exits were powered...
Yeah in those cases that's holding the game hostage and they need a ban for a day at least.
I would just report and block them. Engaging with them in any way just opens the door for a comm ban. If they message you report the message along with their profile. Stay AFK until they leave, they did it to themselves.
Never should have released it on Xbox.
Survivors are toxic on every platform.
Just FYI they don't ban you from multiplayer for reports alone. Reports for anything other the profile or comms only affects your rep, which used to block you from playing games but AFAIK they removed that feature. It's also based on a ratio of players encountered online vs. number of reports, which is why it's easier to lose rep on a new account than an older one. I've had mine for 13 years, currently have maybe 30 reports against me for stuff like "cheating" but no impact to my rep because I've played with thousands of players over the years. In fact the only time my rep ever dipped was for about a month back when Xbox One first came out and they introduced the new rep system (which at the time was broken AF).
But you can't get banned from this game for reports. The worst that happens is you get a rep of "needs work" or "avoid me" (which as killer I do if I see that on your profile, but that's by choice). You could a year ago but not anymore.
If you want to stay out of "needs work" or "avoid me" play games like Fortnite, PUBG, Minecraft, etc., that have a lot of players in a game that won't report you. Once you build up that list of players encountered then it's a lot harder for salty players to bomb your rep.
It's also a bit entitled to say they should have never released the game on Xbox. From what I've seen, PC and PS players are just as salty, if not moreso, than Xbox players. Moreso only because you can be more toxic on those platforms and get away with it, where on Xbox actual toxic players get punished pretty quick. I mean I had a buddy that got a comm ban mid-game while we were in a party because he sent an angry message to a killer a few days earlier. If a message gets reported and it is indeed toxic, MS does something about it. It's actually one of the best things about Xbox, because to me it looks like no other company will punish toxic players.
So new players might be forced to play games they don't like in order to protect themselves from unjustified reports from salty or toxic players.
This report function doesn't punish the most toxic, but the one with the most reports. Which happens to be the killer.
Xbox suffers from framedrops and nurse is almost unplayable on certain maps.
So I don't think it's entitlement to think that this game should never have been released on Xbox.
But hey, if you are fine with those problems, then that's ok for me. Since it doesn't affect me.
So just enjoy the game.
Not gonna start a war on what platform is the best one. Or has the greatest benefits.
Farewell