Rank Changes

While I am overall excited and happy with the changes being made to ranks, I do have one question.

Will there be any rewards for ranking up? What is the incentive to do well?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Apparently ranking up is just going to be a devotion that affects your matchmaking. They will probably say devotion rewards are enough.

  • Pride and accomplishment. Bragging rights as they said in the blog post.

    Rewards are super unlikely.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Apparently ranking up is just going to be a devotion that affects your matchmaking. They will probably say devotion rewards are enough.

    I don't want much. Just like, a small incentive. An outfit, hell, even like 400 Cells to buy PART of an outfit would do a lot.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    Pride and accomplishment. Bragging rights as they said in the blog post.

    Rewards are super unlikely.

    Then I have no reason to play at a high level. It isn't fun and I am not getting anything from it, so why bother?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Apparently ranking up is just going to be a devotion that affects your matchmaking. They will probably say devotion rewards are enough.

    Ranking will have 0 effect on matchmaking after they push the change through, as they stated in the blog post, no matter how high you climb or how low your rank drops.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    Pride and accomplishment. Bragging rights as they said in the blog post.

    Rewards are super unlikely.

    I wouldn't 100% believe that. Remember that the devs have stated back in the 3 year anniversary stream that rank rewards seem to be one of their goal unless they changed their minds about it.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040261#Comment_1040261

    I wouldn't 100% believe that. Remember that the devs have stated back in the 3 year anniversary stream that rank rewards seem to be one of their goal unless they changed their minds about it.

    I think they also said it wasn't a priority. I think it was sort of the attitude of, "Yeah, we would like too, but we have more pressing issues."

    That's totally fine, I'm just not sure I want to play and try to do well when I get no reward for it lol

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040261#Comment_1040261

    Then I have no reason to play at a high level. It isn't fun and I am not getting anything from it, so why bother?

    Hasn't that always been the case? It's same old in that regard except you won't know the rank/skill level of yourself or your opponents due to matchmaking being a hidden skill number.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040266#Comment_1040266

    Hasn't that always been the case? It's same old in that regard except you won't know the rank/skill level of yourself or your opponents due to matchmaking being a hidden skill number.

    True. But it did feel good to beat a team of Rank 1 Survivors. I was hoping for MM changes that would include a reward system for players that stay in high ranks for long periods.