Killer perk concept: Hurt Box
Fixed based upon feedback and critique, if you have further critiques, please comment down below, old version in the comments.
New version:
Begin the hunt with 5/10/15% increased speed, speed decreases to normal as you gain tokens. Tokens are earned by downing, or killing survivors, killing obsessions grant two tokens; max of 5 tokens. Tokens consume your movement speed to cripple survivor's action, and repair speed up to 5/10/15%. Tokens individually are 1/2/3% per token.
subtag: "Hurry! I think he's coming"
Comments
I hadn't thought of it that way, I want slower killers to have an edge and punish survivors who get caught out, but at the same time it runs really far into the extreme levels of strength. A counter fix might be to equalize and invert, what do you think?
Movement speed is the core of this game. It shouldn't be altered too much. I am not even sure if 1% ms per token would be balanced. I think we should ditch ms and focus on the generator repair time.
I would give 6% increased generator repair time for every survivor that is hooked for the first time just like BBQ.
Though it could still be op as hell if we also combine that with dying light.
HOLY MOLY, THAT'S OVERPOWERED.
6 tokens x 6%, 36% increased speed total. That's ~6.25m/s on a base 4.6m/s killer. In other terms, you close the gap at ~1.65m/s, nearly three times faster than normal (AKA, chases are 3x shorter). Bloodlust 3 is 1.8m/s gain, in comparison.
If the speed boost is going to be that high, it's gotta' be really hard to get, and even harder to keep. Otherwise a 1% would be plenty for something that's always active.
The other thing to keep in mind though is that given the way you get tokens, you're typically going to get the full effect at the end. NOED also adds a speed boost at the end of the game. Stacking the two would be excessive.
alright so the consensus is drop the movement speed, got it. I'll add in the updates later today. though, I feel it needs a little extra. probably just me, but bonus bloodpoints or no?
Okay, I have a question for everyone, would reducing the max tokens to 4, making the gen repair timer even with speed, and have the speed be inverted to the repair time. (faster movement speed at 0 tokens, normal at 4, normal repair at 0 tokens, greater slowdown at 4)
I mean it is an idea, however it would be way to good, reduces gen speed and increases your movement speed by 36% with 6 tokens??? Thats a killer that moves at 151% or 146% (depending on the killer) Also to show how fast 151% is, The pig doing an ambush moves at 160%.. So this perk idea is a bit to overpowered
old version: "Gain a token every time you down, or kill a survivor, gain two tokens killing a obsession, Can gain up to 6 tokens. Increases movement speed by 2/4/6% per token, and increases time to repair generators by 1/2/3%"
subtag: "They have figured out a way to make our wounds hurt more..."
Updated
Ehm so you punish the killer for killer the person they are obsessed with? That's pretty counterwise
i'm not sure what you mean.
You say, your speed decreases when earning a token, but when you kill the obsession you gain an additional token. So basically you get punished.
You say, your speed decreases when earning a token, but when you kill the obsession you gain an additional token. So basically you get punished.
no. you start the hunt with the bonus speed, you lose that bonus as you down and kill survivors.