the game is survivor sided.

this game is survivor sided and there's no way anyone can disagree. i basically only play survivor (i play killer sometimes for bps but even then i have an easy time because im a low ranked killer) and since the ruin nerf i escape basically every game because matchmaking is effed up and there's nothing killers can really do to slow down gens.. this is not cute bhvr do something about it. it's cool surviving and all but like it feels so unfair and basically every killer runs noed now.. like come on

Comments

  • Remember the post about: "Now that ruin is gone the trash Killers are going to the rank they should be at"? They should finally balance it out so the people in high ranks are not potatoes. Too many people 'THINK' they are a good survivor just because they reached the high rank easily. It's too easy to pip and this heavily influences stats, feedback and thus balance.

  • The problem is that survivors don’t need to run good perks and play super optimally to win, where as killers do.

  • @Mercury said:

    Remember the post about: "Now that ruin is gone the trash Killers are going to the rank they should be at"? They should finally balance it out so the people in high ranks are not potatoes. Too many people 'THINK' they are a good survivor just because they reached the high rank easily. It's too easy to pip and this heavily influences stats, feedback and thus balance.

    getting rank 1 in less than a week shouldn't happen. no matter how many times they change it they never get it right lol

  • 5 hungry people, 1 Bowl of Rice... 1 of the dudes offers a dollar for the bowl of rice while the other 4 each offer a dollar too if they get it (they´ll share it). Who´s gonna get the bowl of rice ?

  • It's only survivor sided because killers don't use moris, but actually killers have a very strong tool at their disposal they simply refuse to use for different reasons.

    But I know what you mean, playing survivor has become much more boring after the ruin nerf to the point in which I'm barely touching survivor. I had more fun trying to hit hex skill checks to avoid the regression penalty, that made doing gens more interesting.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039396#Comment_1039396

    If a killer uses a mori, chances are even if they 4k, they're going to black pip, or even worse, depip because the chaser emblem on some killers is trash.

    In terms of what the game considers a win I know it's a lot easier to pip as a survivor, it doesn't even matter if you die. You could say the game is survivor sided under those terms.

    I personally think the ranking system is a joke, I can hardly take it seriously; because it's kinda broken and there's nothing rewarding about it once you get to rank 1 and get the achievement. I personally have more fun using moris than worrying about rank and I mostly play because I want to have fun, not because I want to rank up. What about you?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039464#Comment_1039464

    Personally I gave up on the ranking system a long time ago.

    But I don't find using the most overpowered things and stomping four survivors through unbalanced offerings and add-ons exactly enjoyable either. If I use the most over-powered add-ons with a mori, did I really "win"?

    This is also the problem I have with survivor right now. Half of my games, I'm out of the exit gates and I maybe got chased by the killer once if I'm lucky. Sometimes I don't get chased by the killer at all. Did I really "win"?

    The developers can't even define what a "victory" is in this game. Until we can define a victory, we'll never be able to have a good ranking system. I've never played an online game before with a ranking system where there's several ways to win, ways to lose even when you should have won, and ways to win even when you should have lost.

    I understand and I agree with you. It's hard for me to take the game seriously for all these reasons.

    I don't think the game is properly designed and properly balanced, so I only play "fair" when I use a map offering on a map that I consider is balanced, otherwise I bring a mori because I know I won't have fun playing on maps that I consider to be broken.

  • @reliableclaudette said:

    this game is survivor sided and there's no way anyone can disagree. i basically only play survivor (i play killer sometimes for bps but even then i have an easy time because im a low ranked killer) and since the ruin nerf i escape basically every game because matchmaking is effed up and there's nothing killers can really do to slow down gens.. this is not cute bhvr do something about it. it's cool surviving and all but like it feels so unfair and basically every killer runs noed now.. like come on

    THIS IS FEEDBACK AND SHOULD BE MOVED TO FEEDBACK AND SUGESTTIONJS!!!!!!

  • Games are much more killer-sided than survivor-sided.


    I frequently get 3Ks-4Ks (I offer the last survivor hatch) on Clown.


    I'm the self-proclaimed best Clown in the world though. 😎

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s survivor sided against any decent survivor that knows how to unhook safely, repair gens, hide, stay healthy the first minute, last 30 seconds in a chase at least, know how to deal / counter certain killers, etc

    Even if 4 solo survivors are decent, they’ll most likely all escape, if not 1k.

    But when 4 solos who are not so good at those things, not well coordinated, or 2 high ranks and 2 low ranks, only then it seems to be killer sided.

    There doesn’t seem to be much balance. It’s either killer gets 4K against people who aren’t so good, or killer gets destroyed by well organized good survivors even IF Killer is good as them 1 to 1.

    Rarely are games 2k and balanced like BHVR says it should be. It’s opposite extremes. In my experience playing the past ~5 months.

    Killers can guarantee kills with noed though.

  • NoED is NOT a guarantee to kills. That is a huge misconception in this game.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1039924#Comment_1039924

    NoED is NOT a guarantee to kills. That is a huge misconception in this game.

    If it activates it's usually an extra kill. Speed and instadown do wonders.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040029#Comment_1040029

    If it activates it's usually an extra kill. Speed and instadown do wonders.

    Huge difference between it “usually” ending in a kill and it “guaranteeing” a kill. I’ve used NoED and have had the survivor escape that I used it on. Very easy for an efficient team to cleanse the Totems during the game or during EGC when they realize it’s there.