Hatch DS

So I was watching the most recent Otz video and noticed he got kinda boned at the end by a person who DCd to give someone hatch right in his face. (See exhibit A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEZGBqFlPF4)

So I ask the people who program this game, is it possible to make it where a DC does not auto open the hatch? I'm not saying doesn't open at all as that would bone someone if the DC was a legit crash but maybe delay it by 30 seconds or some such? That way this kind of BS can be curtailed a bit? @Peanits, can you pass this question on to whomever can answer it?

Comments

  • That would be a good QOL change.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I agree.

    But you could also have a DC penalty system that not only penalizes the DCer survivor, but his entire party.

    .. why the entire party? Seriously.. If I'm teamed up with random people and one of them disconnects for some reason or another, there's literally no reason for me to get punished for it. Heck, even in friends groups, there's no reason to punish the entire group of friends for the actions of one of them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I agree.

    But you could also have a DC penalty system that not only penalizes the DCer survivor, but his entire party.

    The problem that currently exists is that some DCs are the game crashing. If there was a way to distinguish rage quitting vs. hardware/software failure then MAYBE...