A bad look on the free to play weekend
Hi! I'm a customer who admittedly has not played your game yet, and was looking to take advantage of the free weekend on steam as I've watched a lot of content for the game and finally wanted to give it a try.
Much to my immediate dismay I not only ran into extreme performance issues, I also ran into a message saying the EAC has detected file changes and thus promptly boots me from the game. Between the game freezing for a good 40 second when I choose perks or otherwise in menus, and getting the anti cheat flashing red when I have done nothing I'm thinking to keep my money.
Really the worry for you all is that this isn't hopefully happening to others, maybe it has something to do with my computer that I'm unaware of but if this is happening to other players who -aren't- reporting this you could imagine how much money is lost in sales because they literally can't play the game.
Sincerely a would be customer in the event file validation doesn't solve the issue
Comments
Try updating your graphics card drivers maybe? I had similar problems and they got fixed when I updated (through the device manager, the ones from the maker's website still gave me problems for me reason)
Alright, noted. I did validate the files and mnaged to get through 2 games before the game again hit me with EAC for whatever reason, this time "Failure to validate."
So, still not happy about it but if it isn't consistent I suppose it's not AS terrible but it's still pretty bad, and I'll look to see if I need updates for graphics then
Welp it seems that my trial of DBD has ended, I'll admit I wasn't checking how much time was left on the trial but the last thing that happened in game was being totally unable to play as survivor because quote "Can't make a party" and then the game crashing. And the killer wait time was long enough I never even got a chance to play as one.
I'd hope that everyone -doesn't- experience that much glitch on a consistent basis, but thanks for the help Marcavecunc
Lobbies crashing is sadly a recurrent thing.. There are free weekends often enough though, and the game goes on sale regularly too, maybe give it a try again next free weekend, or get the game on sale, see if updating your graphics card drivers helps.. It's like $10 on sale so it's not too bad (but yeah it sucks paying for a game that won't work properly on your computer)