How does the ranking system work?

Hello, I am wanted to ask a question about ranking.

Is the ranking based on your current rank, does it take into account a hidden elo (kinda like destiny's crucible), or does it partially base itself on the lowest you have been?

The reason I ask is that while I play killer at rank 13-16 I go against 6-8. Which at first I didn't bat an eye thinking the tank system was taking my previous season rank into account but recently I have started to match with 3 and 4s. (A suprising and impressive skill jump from 6 to 4 props to you guys)

On the other hand I have never met a killer more than 1 rank lower than me as a survivor. So I'm positively confused.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The answer is, rank doesn't work.

    Okay, to be clearer, matchmaking is broken right now. The developers are working to fix it, but it will be weeks before a fix is released. For now, you're going to be matched pretty randomly against a large spectrum of ranks.

    If it were working correctly, the game would match you with players within +-6 ranks, so if you were for example a rank 12 killer the survivors could be anywhere from rank 18-6. But like I said, it's not working correctly.

  • Answer - matchmaking doesnt work. At least not right now. It just dumps anybody with anybody

  • Matchmaking tries to find a match within your rank. If it can't find that it will search for a game within a 6 rank threshold. So say you're a rank 12 and the game can't find a match with rank 12s then it will put you with ranks 11 through 6.

    Currently, Matchmaking is bugged and the devs will be addressing the matchmaking problems soon.

  • Thanks for letting me know. I was 14 when I went against a PwF all at rank 4. Needless to say all the memes about the killer getting beat up are right lol. It sucks cuz I wanna practice nurse or have fun as GF but I keep getting try hard teams. Again thanks for the answer and have a good night everyone.