A fix for hex totems
So currently the major problem with hex totems is that they are often in places which are in the open meaning the thing that is meant to give the killer a lot of power is ridiculously easy to destroy.
Now you could go about hiding them in more obscure spots however you do run the risk of if I'm getting destroyed in 15 seconds out of sheer dumb luck.
A better way to fix hex totems would be to add a massive this disincentive to destroy them. Basically if you're going to mess with the killer's strongest perk you're going to have some backlash for it.
Being cursed locked is a possible feature that the survivor who destroyed the totem could be afflicted with.
This means that an aspect of that Totem or a synergising downside is affected on to the survivor.
Some can be permanent some can be temporary but the main outcome of it is to make you feel like you now have a gun to your head after destroying that told him and with any mistake the killer could pull the trigger.
You benefited your team by destroying the totem but severely hindered yourself.
Some ideas could be
Hex: huntress lullaby- upon breaking this Totem your skillcheck sounds are permanently removed.
This would mean that for those who aren't good at skill checks destroying this is not a smart idea.
Hex: haunted grounds- upon destroying the totem your aura is revealed for 4/5 seconds and again after 30 seconds.
This will give the killer a head started knowing where to go to get you and another hint towards your location when haunted grounds is halfway finished.
Hex- Ruin- destroying this will inflict you with old ruin effect for the rest of the match.
This could potentially severely hinder your progress and could be very dangerous depending on The Killers loadout.
Hex: the third seal- upon breaking as you are afflicted with the blindness status for the rest of the match
There could be a better side effect for destroying this for example the oblivious instead of blindness but for now I'll keep it like that.
As for the last two
I don't think no one escapes death really needs an extra benefit if somebody could think of one that would be great but personally I don't think it does.
As for Thrill of the hunt I don't think this thing should be a hex totem period so I'm not even going to indulge it.
Comments
I posted something like this on a comment about leaving a reduce effect on survivors after it is broken. Basically, in summary, this is what I said (I'll include the way you are putting it, as in against the particular survivor that broke it);
DH: Remove all effects, except movement speed after hooking a survivor OR the survivor that broke it is now ONLY either or; moriable for 30 seconds or exposed for 30 seconds; when you get into a chase with this survivor, the DH perk slot will flicker in and out
Thrill: maintains the ability to notify killer of lit totems being touched for 30/45/60 seconds OR maintains the BP value until all dull are cleansed -- or it notifies the killer when the survivor, who broke it originally, and one other who touch the other lit totems on the map. (Gives it outplay)
Noed: maintains the speed boost OR the player who cleansed it is exposed for 20/25 seconds. (Enough time to escape)
Third Seal: all survivors that were effected when the totem was standing are effected for an additional 30 seconds or so OR your version of this I liked, where they're blinded or oblivious effected for the match
Ruin: after broken, it still reduces at 100% the normal gen regression speed for 1 minute after broken OR it only regresses for the survivor who broke it for the perk's normal worth (100/150/200) for the next 40 to 60 seconds
Haunted Grounds: no residual effect in any matter, seeing how it is meant to be broken. (At least imo)
HL: After broken, the regression from a missed sc will remain the same, but for only 60 seconds and no audible cues are changed/altered OR all effects carry over to the survivor who broke it for 60 seconds
I am keeping in mind the power of these totems, but then again i love your idea of having backlash for survivors if they break totems. Its high risk and reward for the killers, but only reward for survivors as Space Coconut put it best. Doesn't have to be an insane backlash or anything, just something that could push survivors away or have them consider it first.
For the most part I like it. But don't you think the exposed effect when breaking haunted ground is enough punishment?
I was cautious about hunting grounds because in itself haunted ground is already a Band-Aid fix resembling this idea so it doesn't really need much added to it so the only thing I really had it was a synergizing bonus.
You break hunting grounds not only do you expose everybody but you also reveal your aura to the Killer for 4 to 5 seconds and then again your order is revealed for another 4 to 5 seconds when the exposure effect of Hunting Ground is halfway done.
Basically meant to mean that you're not able to do the go immersed when haunted grounds procs