Separated ranking for each killer
I know this topic was brought up in the past, but I think it's getting more and more revelant with the current changes. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to create separate ranks for each killers. While I know the foundations are the same for each killer, their powers are very unique, so I believe their ranking cannot be considered together.
I see the following advantages:
- this would encourage the killer base to learn new killers. I would like to learn Oni, Nurse, etc. However in my rank (around 4-5) , I get bullied all the time which is discouraging.
- currently there is a huge gap between low and high mobility killers. For example Myers, Clown, etc. Old ruin was very beneficial perk for these killers. I'm not entirely sure if Corrupt Intervention is a legit replacement.
- this would support killers who like to play with different killers each time
- by time this killer ranking would provide more accurate data on killer skills/ranking for better adjustments
What are your thoughts? Did I miss something?
Comments
Im not against it, but im also not really in favour of it.
Lets ignore that matchmaking and the rank system is broken atm anyway, lets say that works.
My first problem is that there is easier oppertunity for toxic killers to bully baby survivors, imagine rank reset, every killer at lets say, rank 15, now the killer can pick for example Wraith and bully survivors untill rank idk 8? is reached.
Then instead of actively De-ranking, they just switch to the next killer and do it again, for all 18 killers.
To focus more on your suggestions.
point 1 should not be an issue, who cares you would do poorly in a match you are purely playing to learn a new character?
That match isnt about killing survivors, its about experienceing the character, so with Oni I would imagine you M1 a survivor a bit, build the blood and just run around the map trying to get a feel for the Oni.
And if you de-rank because you are just messing around, figuring out how the killer works...so what? heck thats what you wanted with your suggestion in the first place, its not like you get less points at lower ranks, you always GAIN stuff, you never lose it.
So just test it on whatever rank you are, its just for testing out the character, your goals are different.
Point 2, not a bad reason for this suggestion/change honestly.
Point 3, ermm currently nothing is stopping you from doing that, but I guess I should just see this as suggestion 2.5 in which case, yep good reason.
Point 4 Not sure why that would be.
This is why a lot of people farm BP on their main Killer, then just use that to level up their new ones. To me that is a bad idea because you don't learn their power, all you learn is their power with Perks you are used to using. I prefer to start at level 5, get that 2nd perk slot + potentially more useful Perks than base, and go from there. You can't learn a Killer's power if you play it with the exact same perks, in the exact same way, as other Killers.
Thanks for your reply. I thought of the bullying factor as well and it's pretty much understandable, maybe for that purpose there could be a de-rank limit. (Rank 10,9,8 whatever)
Let me respond to some of the points/ elaborate them further:
Point 1: You are absolutely right, I just mentioned it, just because the frustration factor
Point 3: Currently if you have more experience with one killer and you make it to red ranks and let's say you switch to an other killer, there is a huge chance you will be destroyed. I think there are viable and non-viable killers. If someone really plays with win in their mind, they would like to have a chance against any survivors/SWFs. Maybe this is just me, but when I get destroyed for 3-4 times in a row cause I played Clown, Myers etc, then my next choice will be a more viable killer for the 5th match.
Point 4: I meant more balanced statistical feedback, there are huge differences between survivors even on red ranks. I believe this would show the players' skill with that specific killer, rather than the players' average skills along with all killers. I think it's different to rank up with Spirit and then switching killer in every other game on red ranks. It's whole opposite to rank up with 6-7-8 different killers and play in red ranks, that way is quite different from skill perspective. Also I think it's easier to draw conclusions if we can see how an average player performs with that killer, and how performs a player who mains that killer. I might be wrong but statistically currently you can't separate players who main a certain killer.
My theory might falls apart, i'm just thinking out loud.