Bloodweb/Prestige suggestions

I like the changes to the bloodwebs that went live last summer, with 4 perks showing up on level 50+ webs. It really makes it faster to get everything back.

But with more and more perks getting added to the game, it won't be very long until the entire web will need to be perks just to make the grind less... grindy.

So could there be a way to select a perk to keep with each prestige? Say, prestige 1, you keep one perk, prestige 2, you keep 2 perks, prestige 3, you keep 3 perks. (or make it work with levels.. prestige 3 you keep 3 levels worth of perks, you can keep one perk but have it start at level 3, or pick 3 separate ones at level 1)

Or maybe just go the "favored perks" route. Whichever perks you had equipped when you prestige stay, but get reset at level 1, or level 2 if they were teachables for the character you're playing.

Comments

  • I also saw someone suggesting going the Perk Points route.. so instead of unlocking random perks on the bloodweb, you would unlock Perk Points that you could then trade in for perks. (basically the skill points system from any other game that allows you to unlock special abilities)

    Early on you would only get 1 point per web, and later you could get nodes that are worth more points (but also more expensive to buy) to replace Yellow/Green/Purple perks.

    So if you start a brand new character, you could unlock anything that's generic or unlocked teachables, at the cost of 1 point per level. So if I decide I want Barbecue on this one killer that I'm just starting to play, I would have to fill up the first web to get a point to learn it on that character, and then 2 more points to get it at level 2 and 3 more points for level 3.

    Another suggestion I saw to avoid people just getting the best perks by level 10 is to lock perk tiers behind killer level.. So you can only use level 1 perks until you reach level 10 or 20 or whatever, and then level 2 perks until you reach 40, and then you can unlock everything. Exceptions to this could be the character's teachables, if I play David King, I could unlock things at level 2 from the start, and level 3 stuff earlier than I could if I wanted to unlock Sprint Burst or whatever else on him.


    Bad thing with this is people will just get the perks they care for and not bother with the rest, but at the same time it would make building up characters the way you want them more fun, since you wouldn't require 100 webs to get that one final perk you need, which is something that happened to me when I got Huntress to prestige 3.. took forever to get Barbecue, and then I got it at 2 and 3 not long after, but on some other killers, I had it at 3 by the time I hit level 15..