Idea to prevent getting the same map too often

I know I'm not the only one who's tired of getting corn maps after corn maps, or preschool, or any of the other maps, really.

So I just checked the Wiki, there are 13 realms as of now (and 33 maps, if you count all 5 preschools)

But let's just keep it at realms.

So what the game could do before sending you to a specific map is just check which maps the 5 players played last, and then remove those maps' realms from the pool of maps available to play. If it's all random people grouped together, that means 5 realms are not available, but 8 still are. Make it check the past 2 games, and it'll make it so the next game is picked from 3 maps, provided all 10 people in those two games had different maps/realms the prior games (but if you're in a full 4-man survive with friends groups, that's 4 maps removed from the pool, not 10 [2 for each survivor game and 2 for each killer game])

That way, you couldn't get the same realm/map more than once every 3 games.

Example: you play a corn map, you'll then need to play 2 more games on other realms before the game has a chance to send you to a new corn map, no matter which side you play as.

I picked corn maps as an example because it feels like the realm where this happens the most, but honestly, I've had Macmillan Estate maps 2-3 times in a row often enough, same with the junkyard, or the swamp, or any other place, and it would be nice if there were a system that did those checks to make sure consecutive games aren't on the same maps/realms.


I know some people will probably come up with reasons why this wouldn't work, but it's just a suggestion.

Comments