Some questions about doctor if anyone knows the answers

1. Does iridescent queen give iridescent king effects to other survivors?

2. Does dark devotion actually give the survivor your static blast?

3. How effective is impossible skillcheck doctor now?

4. Is doctor actually viable now? (this is more your opinion i think he is).

5. Is madness 3 really worth it considering survivors can knock themselves back to 1 really easily?

Thanks!

Comments

  • Unknown but I'd assume not because of iri kings description

    Dark devotion may work as it is a tr ability


    Impossible skill checks is likely slightly worse because of the t3 changes but doable

    Still early to speak on viability but he has promise

    Yes t3 is worth it as it's still tracking, time wasted to snap out of it , and prevents item usage temporarily

  • I spent last night playing Doctor, I don't have answers to numbers #1 and #3 but here are the rest

    #2 Yes Dark Devotion does give your static blast to the survivors and it is hilarious

    #4 I think he's definitely gone up a few tiers. He still needs to 3 gen and have a heavy area control mindset just like other m1 killers as he lacks any kind of map traversal, but he definitely has tools to slow the game down, end chases quickly and locate survivors fast which can help you fulfill that area control playstyle.

    #5 Madness tier 3. I don't see madness tier 3 as a thing which is "worth it" so to speak, but rather it is a step in the gameplay cycle of madness. This might be a bit hard to explain but here it goes:

    It takes 55 madness to make survivors go up from tier 1 -> 2, and 105 madness from tier 2 -> 3 (not including the 55 madness from before). The default static blast gives 50 madness, so with a brown addon that's enough for an instant tier 2. Survivors only reveal their location when they go up a tier, so if they get static blasted and don't go up a tier then you don't get the scream notification.

    What this means is that once they snap out of it, you return to being able to locate them extremely easily with your static blast, then they're tier 2 again (also, any survivors also in your static blast who are already in tier 2 will now be like 1 or 2 shocks away from tier 3). How I liked to play last night was to use static blast to find them, hit them once, shock them a bit at a safe pallet, then leave. By the time they have snapped out of it but have not healed yet I zap them with static blast again and continue the chase and get my second hit. Doing this I could keep multiple survivors mad and injured at once. It's most likely not the meta tactic or anything but its what I was using.

    I hope that answers your questions mate, I might try and test out the king/queen combo later today

  • 1. Yes, discharge from iri queen is treated as shock therapy

    2 I haven't tested it, but it worked with static field and in perk description is stated all effects are moved to new tr so i think yes

    4 Hard to tell, i feel like i have been going against potatoes all the time since release, but finding survivors is much easier and shock is easier to land

    5 What's benefit of tier 2 anyway? His add-ons aren't that powerful, without restrain hallucinations maybe will help you find some immersed claudettes only at close distance and random skillchecks placement doesn't do much. Besides, because of static blast you will just nuke them into tier 3 almost all the time anyway.

  • Thanks everyone appreciate it!