Hiding Blood Point % Increase Offerings

In short, my suggestion is that the game hides the BP % increase offerings (for both killers and survivors) to prevent people from DC'ing and/or throwing the game to grief the person burning the offering.


When I use the common blood point increase offerings (the ones that give you 50%) as the killer, I don't have any real issues; games are played out fine, no more than the usual amount of disconnects or griefing.

The moment I burn a 75% BP increase offering as the killer, there is a noticeable change.

I'm a fairly new player; I've only been playing for a few days, and I have used two 75% offerings so far. The first time, EVERY survivor disconnected before the game even started, wasting the offering. I just put it down to a connection issue and got on with it.

The second time I burned one, however, it quickly became apparent that the survivors were throwing the game to reduce the amount of BP I would earn:

  • The first survivor I downed didn't even try to break free, despite the fact that we were nowhere near a hook, and they could have easily escaped
  • Nobody tried to save another survivor from being sacrificed
  • None of the survivors tried to unhook themselves, nor did they struggle during the second stage of being hooked and died pretty much instantly
  • Whenever I found a survivor, they barely even tried to run away
  • They were all higher ranked than me, so there is no way they did not know how to play the game

I usually get at least 20,000 BP per game. In that one, I barely scraped past 10,000 even with the 75% increase.

Obviously I can't say for certain that both cases are connected with me burning an uncommon BP % increase offering, but it'd still one hell of a coincidence if it isn't.

Comments