Question about new doctor....

What actions does his shock currently prevent? Both his basic and his special shock.

What actions can you normally perform that you cannot perform for that second or two after you have been shocked?

Comments

  • In tier 3 you can't do anything except interact with exit gate, hatch, unhooks. Static blast and shock therapy interrupt any actions you are currently performing, and prevent you from interacting with anything at all for a couple seconds

  • You can still vault windows though, so there seem to be some actions you can still perform. Unless it's just really buggy. I know it doesn't prevent you from entering hatch but that was kinda an obvious one.

  • The shock itself pretty much blocks everything. I read in the patch notes that also flashlights are not usable anymore when being shocked. Same for throwing pallets or vaulting.

    The madness only blocks any kind of interaction on Tier 3. Interactions is not vaulting or pallets, that would be OP if you cannot use anything needed for the chase, interactions is repairing, healing, mending and using items in general.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @Echorion I feel like it's less buggy and it's more the fact that it takes a second for the shock to hit someone after it's released, instead of it being instant the moment you release it. That combined with dedicated server delay = a lot of instances where it seems like your shock should've canceled an action, but it doesn't because of the aforementioned factors. More often than not the shock hits someone after they've already full committed to an animation and cleared more than half of said animation.

    Maybe the delay should be reduced a little bit more to compensate but I dunno. I've gotten a lot of value out of the new abilities already. And the terror radius add-ons, which are better than ever. We'll see how it plays out as people adapt to new Doc.

    I just played a match and I tried shocking before and way before the vault, nothing seems to stop it. I was vaulting no problem when against doctor as well when I was survivor.

    I would need to do a test game to be sure, but it doesn't seem to stop it as far as I can tell.

    @Deadeye said:

    The shock itself pretty much blocks everything. I read in the patch notes that also flashlights are not usable anymore when being shocked. Same for throwing pallets or vaulting.

    The madness only blocks any kind of interaction on Tier 3. Interactions is not vaulting or pallets, that would be OP if you cannot use anything needed for the chase, interactions is repairing, healing, mending and using items in general.

    Yeah it's the shock I am wondering about. Like I can block people from using a pallet, but if I use the same timing or a bit earlier or even later against a window vault it doesn't affect it at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018715#Comment_1018715

    Have you already pressed the button to vault by the time you get shocked or are you pressing it after? If it's after that's a problem. If it's before then maybe the mid-vault canceling was removed, intentionally or no.

    Both after and during, I've intentionally waited to get shocked by a doctor to even test it. So far no issues vaulting either way. I need to get into a custom game I think to actually find out.

    My question has been answered though, it's just now I have more lol.

  • I couldn't vault a pallet when I was shocked, but then I vaulted a window again when shocked no issue. I don't understand the mechanics of this.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018727#Comment_1018727

    Both after and during, I've intentionally waited to get shocked by a doctor to even test it. So far no issues vaulting either way. I need to get into a custom game I think to actually find out.

    My question has been answered though, it's just now I have more lol.

    That's most likely deditaced servers, like you cannot really do the perfect timing for dead hard anymore. You should see the lighning icon beneath your perks on the bottom right. As long as you see that, you should not be able to vault