Why don't you cleanse totems?

I play so many games where I see survivors not cleansing totems at all when they see them. Why? I always destroy them if I see them for the fact I don't want my ass to be NOEDed or something else horrible.

Do your team a solid, if you see a totem, cleanse it, stop ignoring them.

Comments

  • Apparently it's because playing survivor takes effort and wasting time doing something you don't even know will make a difference is a bad idea :/

  • I cleanse every totem I find. Especially haunted grounds

  • But there are gens to rush and 6 minute games to play

  • I do a few. The reason I don’t is because nobody else does. I’ve done 4 totems a number of times and still been hit by NOED because the other 3 survivors couldn’t be bothered to do a single totem between them.

    Theres no point cleansing totems unless you physically intend to run around the map and count all five.

    So I just do the ones I see and leave it at that. I normally end up doing 2-3 on average anyway. I don’t think asking 3 other people to cleanse 2-3 totems between them is too much to ask for.

  • If it glows, it goes - even if it means screwing your team with Haunted Grounds. 😎

  • I do the hard to find ones when I come across them.

    I leave the easy ones I can can remember so I can quickly go back to the them if there is noed.

    And always do the ones by the exit doors so killer can't camp it and a hook and doors at same time.

  • @Scytere said:

    I play so many games where I see survivors not cleansing totems at all when they see them. Why? I always destroy them if I see them for the fact I don't want my ass to be NOEDed or something else horrible.

    Do your team a solid, if you see a totem, cleanse it, stop ignoring them.

    It's not fun and it's super frustrating - Potato

  • I always do totems. Easy points

  • @FrootLoops said:

    I cleanse every totem I find. Especially haunted grounds

    This, if you know there is no ruin and a killer follows one of your survivor mates, quick cleanse it so he can get caught!

  • I try to cleanse when I can but I'm a better killer then survivor. I often have no idea where to look or miss them when chased

  • Because it's usually a waste of time unless you cleanse them all by yourself