Are you able to edit health state icons (healthy, dying, hooked, etc?)
I know you are able to edit icons without any hassle, but is it allowed to edit health state icons? And if so, where can I find these files? All I can find are the Help Icons. Thanks in advance!
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
@melatoningummy
No, I doubt anything like that has been done, since I've never seen it happen on any video or example thus far.
You can change perk icons and portraits of characters, but I don't think it translates well in a LIVE game. Plus, it falls under the grounds of "do at your own risk", but in the case of in-game icons I think it's a bigger risk.
Oh, alright. Thanks!
No problem!
You can edit them as they appear in the manual and loading screens, but not as they appear in-match. Basically, any icon which is freely accessible through the game's locally stored files can be edited and/or replaced. However, as mentioned, editing game files is always done at your own risk as far as EAC is concerned.
Plus, I've never heard anything about in-game icons being changed or attempted to be changed.
So if he messes up and destroys the files than... I don't know what will come of that, the game might not work until he verifies them to fix it, or something else.
I'm sure someone's thought to attempt it at some point, I just don't think it can be done, because those files don't appear to be locally stored.
True, people go through the files all the time, so the possibility is there.
Usually though if they've done that than they'll make a video out of it, but sometimes people don't and just keep it to themselves.