TF is wrong with scratch marks?
Played a few games as clown today and have had chases where the scratch marks suddenly give up even though the survivor is clearly running. Lost survivors that way too, since audio is also bugged. Great!
Played a few games as clown today and have had chases where the scratch marks suddenly give up even though the survivor is clearly running. Lost survivors that way too, since audio is also bugged. Great!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I noticed that too! I thought I was going crazy, then I just assumed they were using a special perk that messed up their scratch marks. Maybe they are or maybe it’s just a new feature the devs implemented to make it more enjoyable for new survivors.
Scratch marks do seem less reliable than usual, it could just be in my head though.
Scratch marks have been weird for a long time now. At least the best part of a year. They just stop even when you see the survivor running in the distance.
I saw that too, from time to time scratchmarks appear with a delay with a couple seconds or don't appear at all. Very confusing.
That effect is so bad on indoor maps,you lose so much distance while trying to actually track them by scratch marks lmao
I thought I was crazy.
Thanks for the post, now I know its just another bug by daylight lol
Yeah they haven’t been as good, lately survivors can keep running straight but I’ll see their scratch marks half way up stairs
Not quite as bad as it was when a Survivor running 40 meters away would throw them up on the 2nd floor of the Thompson House, but I've been seeing them up to 12'ish meters away from where they are running.
Only thing I can think this is is desync with the dedicated servers. Especially when I watch a Survivor running, and they keep running, but their scratch marks will disappear completely for a few steps, then reappear. Happens frequently when there is a quick set of actions going on, like a hit through a pallet stun, then the stun, then the Survivor jumps over the pallet again and runs. Scratch marks will frequently not appear at all for their first half dozen steps.
I ran T3 Predator for a few matches to see what would happen, and I saw the same things, just in a straight line instead of thrown all over the place. Many times scratch marks would just disappear for a bit then magically reappear.
So, sounds are bugged? Now scratch marks?
Glad survivors are having fun though.
Especially with Freddy that with the sound bugs and FPS problems on console I find it hard to play him right now
It's not just me then. I was playing last night, and could barely track scratch marks.