Overall analysis of the issues with Dead By Daylight
Before I get started with this, this is NOT a 💩 post, okay? Also, before you invalidate my post because you assume I'm not a viable player, I've been in the red ranks on both sides and I've been playing for over a year. Now that's out of the way, here I go! The concept of the game is like no other. We all love your game! But, we all know that there have been lingering issues. The new Hex Ruin change was a good idea, but have you thought about why it was ran all the time? It's because the game goes by too fast. Survivor's hold a button for 80 seconds.... that's it! Not only that, if all 4 survivors work on an individual gen, the game is basically over! You could say "Oh just chase em off" but you can't be at 4 places at once, no matter what killer you play. That's the main reason why people say the killers are weak! Sure some killers make pressuring the map easier than others, but the fact still remains that the game goes by too fast! How could you fix it? Add another generator to complete or make it where gens take longer to repair. That's the biggest underlying issue in Dead by Daylight. Now, the second issue. Queueing and matchmaking. I was playing with my cousin and girlfriend yesterday and for us to find a match... It took 45 minutes. Sometimes it's worse. And why is that an issue in the first place? Because either no one wants to play killer because killers are weak, and because everyone is on survivor. Not to mention the inbalance in the matches amongst ranks. There will be a rank 4,5,7, and a 18! That's probably because of the 18 squading up with the others, and maybe that's something you can't control all that much but regardless, it's an issue. My third big issue, and people may not care about this as much but I know alot of people still do is, the overall machanics and display of the game. Now that doesn't mean that the whole game is broken at all, but I think some things need touch ups. For example, the Mori's have ZERO gore. They have very little detail. When the entity spawns on a survivor's hook, the animation is a little poor. Mouths don't move. The chest searching animation is really slow. That kind of stuff. It would make the game ALOT nicer. I'm not gonna point out every little glitch or issue I have because no game is perfect. I know that you guys really care about this game, and I'm sure you guys also get this crap on the daily, but these are issues. You got good intentions, but I think the way you reason about why you make changes is one sided. I think, and I know you hear this too, you guys need to play your game more or listen to your pro players. They've been here since day one. They've been a major reason why your game is alive! So all I'm saying is, listen to them. Thank you and everyone else that took there time to read this. Please don't 💩 on this, this is just my opinion along with other players. I hope Bhvr reads this, thanks!
Edit* If anyone wants to point out any other issues feel free to add on here 🤠
Comments
200 hours each on both sides I can say the killer is easily underpowered the farther up the ranks you go.
Alot of people in the forums will jump on you and talk about perks and powers but getting right down to the core gameplay killer main perspective
4 people vs 1 means teamwork will always beat out the 1 simply because every step you take they take 4 every skillcheck or action they take 4. It's always something to overcome.
3rd person vs 1st person view
They will always have a better awareness of what's going on. While they have the entire map to look at killers must be focused on not losing them.
Killer actions are limited to characters powers while survivors have a wide base kit and tool system to handle all threat
Killer addons are consumed every time while survivors can keep items ADD farm for them from chests to stockpile. Making survivors easier to lvl up and expand on while killers must spend to continue to have items for the next match.
From the terror radius to the red stain and oversized character model and sounds you always know where a killer is but survivors must make a mistake or sound to be found.
Survivors get 2 health states and 3 hooks. For second chances to live
adrenaline on hits to get away, pallets to stun, lockers, windows and drops to gain distance and loops and obstacles to break the line of sight while killers only have bloodlust and catches all while killers red stain let's survivors avoid a hit if they hear a wind up
Perks and powers change alot... but base game killers aren't made to win longterm... at launch before many things changed this was Truthfully a horrifying game that really scared people. Never in a million years did I think every killer match I play would have survivors dancing and tbagging at the immortal monster here to murder them only to see them D/C when they get downed the first time.