Please revert rank reset changes and improve pipping

Especially with the new rank reset changes, survivors of very different skill level seem to be at red ranks at the moment. And it's not getting better. I get that the monthly rank reset was annoying, but it was needed since pipping, especially as survivor, is too easy.

I think the first thing that needs to be done is to revert the rank reset changes that were introduced a few patches ago, and then there needs to be changes made to the pipping system, at least for survivor. I do feel there is some work that needs to be done here, and I feel the focus of pipping should definitely be at how good survivors are at lasting in chases and how optimal survivors are at doing gens.

Of course the problem here is that chases against killers highly depend on what killer you are going against. It's much easier to last long in a chase against a Legion than it is against a Nurse or Spirit. So i do get that the pipping system for survivor in particular is a hard thing to balance.

But still, I do think changes are needed, and I really hope BHVR comes up with some ideas to improve the pipping system. This would be especially helpful to lessen the frustration of solo survivor players, since it can be frustrating if you get teamed up with survivors that are much less skilled than you are, and at the same time it can be frustrating for survivors to have to go against a killer that is much more skilled than they are at survivor. I get that a pipping system like this can never be perfect, not even close, but I feel like there are definitely improvements that can be made.

Once the pipping system is much better and actually depends much more on the skill of survivors, the rank reset could then be reverted to what it is now.

There's also the argument of being able to monitor gen speed better now that Ruin is nerfed. But as long as survivors of many different skill levels play together at red ranks, this will still not be reliably possible, since bad survivors can screw up good survivors when teamed together. If you want a good average of how long a match lasts at red ranks and at other ranks as well, and how many kills a killer gets in those matches, survivors of similar skill levels need to be teamed up. That's the only possible way to maybe tell if gen times at red ranks are indeed a problem or not.

I still maintain my opinion that gen times aren't too much of a problem, or at least not as problematic as some people make them out to be, but that's just my opinion, of which I am not certain of, and it would be nice to be able to evaluate this in a more reliable and objective way with statistics.

Comments