will the aim assist bug ever get fixed?

all killers know what im talking about, you go for a swing and they Don't 360 but they do a certain turn that causes your camera to sway HARD and your attack to miss when it should of hit, I don't even know what exactly they are doing but when they do this it is so annoying to be robbed of a important M1. is it a problem with the aim assist/hit assist or is it something else? this didn't exist when I first started playing DBD but in the more recent months I have been noticing it more and more lately

Comments

  • There are phantom hits at times but I'm pretty sure there is no aim or hit assist in dbd.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    There are phantom hits at times but I'm pretty sure there is no aim or hit assist in dbd.

    then what jerks my camera sometimes when the survivor rounds a corner and my hit, hits the corner of a truck, or when the survivor does this weird twist and it jerks my camera around and causes me to miss, and it is not a 360 I know that

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    There are phantom hits at times but I'm pretty sure there is no aim or hit assist in dbd.

    There is aim assist on consoles, 1000%.

    And seeing how devs treat PC port I'm sure it's the same.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006902#Comment_1006902

    There is aim assist on consoles, 1000%.

    And seeing how devs treat PC port I'm sure it's the same.

    There is no aim assist on consoles. This happens on PC too.

    The devs said it's because when you swing as killer there is a "hitxbox cone" that appears in front of you and checks for a survivor. If there is a survivor in the cone the animation will track so that it looks correct when you hit. The problem is that if something is suddenly between you both your swing hits that thing and the camera jerks towards the survivor.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006919#Comment_1006919

    There is no aim assist on consoles. This happens on PC too.

    The devs said it's because when you swing as killer there is a "hitxbox cone" that appears in front of you and checks for a survivor. If there is a survivor in the cone the animation will track so that it looks correct when you hit. The problem is that if something is suddenly between you you hit that thing and the camera jerks towards the survivor.

    then how do I still miss even when im in the open? when the survivors do the thing I describe in my OP

  • Aim assist needs to go. It causes weird jerks that makes swings look like they hit or shouldn't have hit.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1006938#Comment_1006938

    then how do I still miss even when im in the open? when the survivors do the thing I describe in my OP

    I can't tell you that. But that's how the devs explain those swings where your camera gets pulled in a direction. It's not aim assist, it's the way the game handles the hits period.

  • I doubt it.

    I think the devs see these occurrences as too rare to care about, even though in my experience they've only gotten more frequent (maybe because of dedicated servers).

    The entire hit detection system needs to be looked at imo, I think it's pretty bad.