How hard it is to get a permission for a dlc?
Hey,quick question. How hard it is to get a dlc going?
I guess you have to contact the company that produces the series that you like for the dlc, you make an agreement, fill up some paperwork and then you have to design everything.
So how hard is it? Let me know down below.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I would imagine that it varies. Some companies BHVR are probably still in negotiations with, and some actually approached them and asked to have a DLC in the game! Same for the design process - some characters come together very quickly, and others take months and months to reach a workable state.
Exactly what @Fibijean said, if I remember correctly, the license holders for Leatherface actually approached them like they did with NRS. Usually, if companies are looking to promote something, then they themselves approach BHVR. On the other hand, like I feel with the NOES chapter, WB studios were doing nothing with that franchise so I feel like BHVR approached WB for that license.
To answer your question directly though, it's a very wishy-washy situation, sometimes it's easy to get a license but sometimes it's a very long and hard process to finally get things started.
You have to go through some things with the companies that have the console the devs want to add the DLC for.
For example, the Store Update was a big update, so it took longer for Sony and Microsoft to allow it as it was a huge update, so while Steam had the Curtain Call update, Sony and Microsoft didn't as it would take longer to confirm the update, as it added a whole new section.
This is what I believe atleast and might be wrong.
Something that confused me is that Sony allowed a L4D character on, but doesn't even have L4D on PS4, maybe they might add it later on