Fix the Comms Issue by, well, Adding Comms!

Comms can be kinda unfair, but that’s not the debate I’m trying to start here. I think I have an idea for a fair way to address the issue. I posted this in a different thread earlier and want to see if it can hold its own as a stand-alone thread:

BHVR needs to add their own voicechat system and make it easier to use than the 3rd party stuff currently in use. If it’s easy and conveniently in-game, people will use it (even if it’s not everyone).

Then they need to limit it. You can chat with survivors who are within x meters of you. This keeps it fair to the killer and maintains the ambiance of desperation and cooperating with other random victims. Furthermore, imagine if the killer could hear voices within range as well. There could even be perks to affect this!

There should be a mute option for people who don’t want to hear others.

Comments

  • To be honest I don't think this would do anything to people using outside sources for group chat. On PS4 going into a party, or on PC using something like Discord. I mean the killer can't hear them when they talk their and they can speak to each other anywhere.

    Might be something some randoms could use, though...with the killer being able to hear them I see some frustrations happening. Like the survivor revealing another survivors location. Or just being loud and won't shut up when your trying to avoid being seen.

  • Sure, add comms. After a 5th perk slot for killers.