Playing without Ruin on live...
As killer rank 11,12 then 13 I have played without Ruin. I'm not bothered about 4k or pipping but want to have fun as killer and knew there is no chance I'm running the new perk when released with what is being called Ruin.
Roughly I was matched as expected mainly against 4-6 ranked survivors who without Ruin ran me ragged and the game was over before I knew it. I tried swapping targets, tunneling, face camping, changing perks...
Results were that none of the generator perks were any good, corrupt I tend to find them hiding or finishing off a gen
My enjoyment was minimal. Playing against 3 dwelfs was the highlight and playing a Comms team who just wanted to head on me constantly was an indication as to who was having the fun.
I tried to 4k and the only way I could active this was by tunneling, camping, many things I dislike doing.
I asked a killer (who dc'd after Lullaby and Ruin were both cleansed a minute into the game) if he was bothered with Ruin being replaced... He replied no, he only played killer for the daily.
How can a game be balanced for new survivors so they have fun so not for it to be too much of a challenge for them... where are the next killers? Unless we are hoping to face AI killers the will be none less as it seems we are already playing without a ranking matchmaking system.
Comments
Your problem is strictly matchmaking, not the perks. You don’t need ruin although it does help, CI and PGTW are both very good slowdown perks if used right.
So basically even a good killer is gonna struggle without the early game slowdown.