Can a dev answer this?

Apologies for my English. I like to think it's good but I'm still learning.

I was wondering...why was a hotfix released to nerf Oni and Freddy's addons back in December...but you couldn't hotfix the Wraith and Spirit? I love playing Wraith, and he's a pain in the backside without his post-uncloak boost. It makes being cloaked during chases less effective. I see the beliefs on the forums seem to be that you prioritize killer nerfs over anything, and sometimes it's hard to disagree.

Comments

  • With the Wraith, I try to anticipate where they are going and get ahead of them and decloak then. That way they end up running past me right as I decloak and I get a shot in on them.

  • There is a difference between an intended change (Oni and Freddy addons) and bugs. With bugs you must first find out what is causing the bug. Also some bugs can be solved quickly and some cannot. 

  • Sure. To put it simply, to fix a bug, we need to find it first (easy part), figure out what's causing it, then fix whatever's broken. The latter two take time. Given that the last DLC released so close to the holidays, there wouldn't have been enough time to get them fixed before we left. We started on the 3.5.0 PTB pretty much the day after we got back, so at this point, we're looking ahead to the mid-chapter update. Making a separate update at this point solely for bug fixes would be counterproductive, since we'd need to send that update out for certification, only to immediately send out yet another update with those fixes and the new changes right after.

    In short, holiday schedule, limited time. This will be fixed in the mid-chapter update. We'll also be giving the Oni more control during his flick at the same time.

  • @Peanits said:

    Sure. To put it simply, to fix a bug, we need to find it first (easy part), figure out what's causing it, then fix whatever's broken. The latter two take time. Given that the last DLC released so close to the holidays, there wouldn't have been enough time to get them fixed before we left. We started on the 3.5.0 PTB pretty much the day after we got back, so at this point, we're looking ahead to the mid-chapter update. Making a separate update at this point solely for bug fixes would be counterproductive, since we'd need to send that update out for certification, only to immediately send out yet another update with those fixes and the new changes right after.

    In short, holiday schedule, limited time. This will be fixed in the mid-chapter update. We'll also be giving the Oni more control during his flick at the same time.

    Would it then be fair to maybe say that the QA team should be a bit more thorough in the future? Cause there is sometimes always bugs a lot like this in patches. Not to insult anyone of course.

    edit: also thank you for your answer. i try not to come across as ungrateful :)