Generator/General Tweaks/2nd Objective - Suggestion

This is just a list of suggestion right now. The list covers various topics of the game, but addresses generator repair speeds, survivor cooperation incentive, and second objectives as well. So my suggested changes are:

General Tweaks:

Totems - Change their spawn locations to be truly anywhere on the map and not just some predictable pool of possible locations that Survivors can memorize if they want to over time. I cannot count the number of times the outer edges of many maps are never explored by the Killer because there is nothing there to make survivors go there -- which makes it great for slipping around the map. Having totems possibly be able to spawn anywhere would make both survivors and killers have to traverse the map more instead of just memorizing a set of common locations. The same can be said for the Hatch (more on that in a later suggestion).

Map Clutter - Maps are way too cluttered. I know this is solely to provide looping options for Survivors to get away during a chase, but if that is the case then release some maps that are more open, change 'charging' killers (chainsaws, Oni) to have more turn control, or just de-clutter all maps a little more to create a balance of open and clutter; or make the killer has collision physics again so Survivors cannot just 180-degree straight through the killer and has to actually use the clutter you are providing them.

Chests - An unpopular opinion I am sure, but -- remove them. Killers cannot open a rng box and get new add-ons to carry out of the match if they win (hell, Killers are forced to always lose everything in every match); Survivors should have to use only what they bring into the match (forcing them to use it more sparingly or play smarter) and Killers should not have to worry about Little Meg over here picking up a medkit that she didn't have in the beginning and healing everyone within a few seconds from the safety of some bushes half-way into the game. If chests were removed, Survivors would have to decide - do I use some charges now or do I hold onto them? Do I use the last of my charges, or save some so I can keep the item when I escape? Of course, some perks would need to be removed or reworked to compensate.

Killer Add-Ons - On the topic of add-ons; if a killer has a particularly good game (3 kills (with 1 escape/dc) or 4 kills) they should keep their add-ons and not lose everything every single match like it is currently designed. It is utter crap and the excuse of 'balancing' killers just means that the devs have spent more time making powerful add-ons than making the killers have powerful and useful abilities as baseline. Killers need some incentive to actually kill the survivors -- because right now, if rising in the ranks doesn't matter to you, there is no reason at all not to toy with survivors for BP farming and then just let them escape. You're going to lose things anyway.

Killer Lunge and Bloodlust - As a primarily killer player right now, I can attest that killer lunges for basic attacks are sometimes ridiculous. The gaps they can cover are sometimes laughably huge. I think lunge distance needs to be cut down, but to compensate, the movement speed increase of bloodlust should be accumulated much faster. Also on the topic of bloodlust, if the chase has not ended, bloodlust should not be ended just because the survivor looped around a car or a bay of hale; keep the speed increasing unless they manage to actually end the chase.

Generator Repair Times:

1 Survivor - 100 Seconds (I was going to suggest 120 seconds so that 3 survivors would net a 50% gain, but that seemed too long so I cut it down a little bit)

2 Survivors - 80 Seconds (Current single survivor gen repair speed if I am correct; the current times I think are something absolutely ridiculous like 1 survivor = 80 secs and then 2 survivors knocks that to a ridiculous 40 seconds, 50% gain for a single bonus survivor. This aims to fix that.)

3 Survivors - 60 Seconds

4 Survivors (I'll admit, I don't know if there are any gens on any map that 4 can use at once, but just for sake of inclusion) - 45 Seconds.

'Fixing' a Kicked Generator:

Option A - I suggest that Survivors not be allowed to just 'tap' a button to stop a generator from regressing; but the generator should have to be worked on for 3-5 seconds continuously in order to stop the regression. During this short timer, regression is paused, if a survivor stops early, the regression resumes immediately (ticking instantly instead of being abused to delay a 'tick').

Option B - Killers that kick a generator can only kick a generator once every 'X' seconds; but doing so immediately regresses progress by like 10% instead of the trickle system we have now, something noticeable but not annoyingly so.

Second Objective:

Like so many others here, I believe Survivors need a second objective to finish before they can open the exit gates. I think I agree with many similar suggestions -- fuse boxes that must be fixed before the exit gates can be open. These fuseboxes could be implemented one of two ways:

Option A - All generators are completed, fusebox parts spawn in completely random locations on the map. Only one part is needed per fusebox; survivors can only carry one part each. If a survivor is hit by the killer, they drop the part they are carrying and it respawns in a couple of seconds (again randomly). Only one survivor can install a part to a fusebox at a time to repair it - Repair time, 30 Seconds.

Option B - No additional parts are needed to be found, Survivors can just run to the fusebox and repair it. Only one survivor can work on the fusebox at a time. Repair time - 45 Seconds (to compensate not needing to grab any extra parts).

I think that there should be 3 fuseboxes -- one near each gate and one in a centralized location. Only one fusebox needs to be completed, but the fuseboxes by the gate only repair the gate switch they are closest to while the central box (the harder to repair one in most cases) would repair both gates. Killers can walk up to a fusebox and trigger it manually - 'repairing' both gate switches and triggering the Endgame Collapse much like closing the Hatch does now (survivors still have to open the gates to leave).

For this suggestion to really have an impact (because of the emphasis on working together more), the Hatch needs to be completely removed. Survivors should have to solely be relying on generators and fuseboxes being repaired in order to escape; no get out of jail free card. The Hatch causes a much higher frequency of toxic behavior when 2 survivors remain -- almost always, those 2 immediately stop working together, hoping the other will die and they can get a free escape.

Comments