RUIN + GEN SPEED // Adressing the elephant in the room

Right now there is a big discussion about the upcoming change of Ruin and this goes hand in hand with the current debate about the gen speed/match length. I think this discussion is necessary but I think most discussions neglect there are way more problems which influence the current discussions which lead to survivor biased or killer biased argumentations or toxic behavior.

Those are the problems and connections I see right now. I do not claim this is correct nor do I think its a full list of problems which have a direct or indirect impact on the current debate about Ruin and Gen speed.

Problems.png

What do you think about these problems? Do you have an idea how the devs could adress these problems better than they do right now?

I think changing Ruin or the gen speed alone wont lead to a more balanced game.

Comments

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1004493#Comment_1004493

    Yet I have killed almost every single popular streamer that exists in the game. I probably have tombstoned monto like 15 times now, though I never see him anymore. I go up against the sweatiest 4 man SWFs that exist, and they block me because I stomp on them.

    It's not because I know every single loop in the game, how to run them, have thousands of hours, know how to build a killer well, etc etc. It's just the ranking system.

    I somehow doubt you go against the sweatiest, as if you did, you'd likely consistently depip from how fast the games go. However since you're such an all start then, why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact there's entire maps that can lose you the game if you don't play the top 28% of killers? Sounds like you're trying to toot your horn in avoidance of acknowledging there's an actual issue.

  • @EZ5k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1004563#Comment_1004563

    I somehow doubt you go against the sweatiest, as if you did, you'd likely consistently depip from how fast the games go. However since you're such an all start then, why do you refuse to acknowledge the fact there's entire maps that can lose you the game if you don't play the top 28% of killers? Sounds like you're trying to toot your horn in avoidance of acknowledging there's an actual issue.

    I have 7k hours in Dead by Daylight, I mainly play killer and I totally agree with you. If you verse efficient survivors, you wont have a chance as killer without map pressure. Its neither the fault of the survivors nor the fault of the killer - its a mixture of all the problems I mentioned in the beginning. If you get one or two not optimal survivors, the killer has a big advantage. Right now many killers have to wait for mistakes of survivors.

  • What bothers me about the ruin changes is that it really only benefits the high mobile killers and when their pickrates increase because of it they'll get nerfs

  • @terumisan said:

    What bothers me about the ruin changes is that it really only benefits the high mobile killers and when their pickrates increase because of it they'll get nerfs

    Interesting view on this situation. Never thought about it this way but it makes sense. It might change the pick rate of killers as well.

  • @Atchoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1013401#Comment_1013401

    Interesting view on this situation. Never thought about it this way but it makes sense. It might change the pick rate of killers as well.

    With how fast they nerf killers but how they are slow to buff or rework killers we'll probably end up in a situation where the high mobility killers are bad and the low mobility killers are still bad with gens speed and maps being the same

1 2 ›