Generator Idea
What about decreasing gen speed per gen completed?
Early Game (5-4) Current Repair Speed
Mid Game (3) -5% Gen Repair Speed
Late Game (2-1) -10% Gen Repair Speed
- % used is just an example
I believe this will cause survivors to have to be more strategic. If you knock out generators 1by1 by crowding, you slow down your time on progressing/completing others. If you spread out, you could potentially finish generators quickly by taking advantage of not having a negative % on Repair Speed.
Or flip this around. Game starts off slow and progressively gets faster as generators are completed.
Another idea, since a lot of people have called for a secondary objective:
How about since Survivors have to repair generators, before they can repair them, they have to clear rust from the generators. Similar to how survivors have to Mend themselves before being able to heal when they’re hit by certain effects from killers.
Its just an idea!
Comments
Not sure if we're allowed to mention other games but Identity V (Feel free to remove the name if not, sorry!) apparently has something similar and at the start of the game the machines (if they are called that) are slower to help the killer gain momentum. I don't play that game and I've only stated what I've heard so if you play that game and I'm wrong, feel free to roast me.
Hahaha never played it!
I don’t want to lean towards one side or the other because I enjoy both. Having a rusting effect that needs to be cleared can prevent Survivors just running around tapping all gens causing them to make noise. It can also encourage strategy. Spread out and clean as many generators and then start repairing them.
This doesn’t have to coincide with my other idea.
Maybe it would coincide well with the current Ruin change?
You should flip your logic, otherwise that is really just a massive boost for the killer.
This would give the killer more setup time but wouldn't punish survivors once one or two of them are killed.
The initial idea is to progressively slow down, but I did say “or flip this around”
I think it would spice the game up
"Survivors have to clean the rust from the generator first"?
Oh my god, ruin change was too painful! 😂
I missed that sorry.
My biggest concern about progressively slowing down the game is your making a snowball effect that just insures the killer gets a 4k.
Now I personally believe that the game should be balanced around a 2k as average for the killer. Slowing the gens down when there are more of them, will allow the killer more time to find and hopefully hook survivors.
However, if you slowed the game down as the players went on you could easily abuse the system by either tunneling and mori survivors easily at the start causing making it harder and harder for survivors to get complete gens and snowballing yourself into a 4k.
If something like that existed, I think it should be reversed, as early game is actually the hardest moment for the killers.
But also not be about gen completion as it would be unfair to make games 40 minutes long because Freddy uses Pop and nobody can finish the first gen
Yes, without a doubt. I agree on the 2k average, as that means the games balanced.
now if the devs put in some time to test out speeds on this, I believe it could work. Maybe just progressively speeding it up would be better though. It gives the killer and survivors enough time to plan and if the killer did tunnel or camp, the gens will only be completed faster?
Well, I don’t believe games would be 40 minutes long, but maybe just have a slower Early game that speeds up as generators are completed. You can still work on multiple generators.
Always that one guy.
and no, it was an idea that I find to be interesting. It’s becomes an objective Survivors have to do before they can start on a specific generator.
I'll say that again. Now we'll see how many of you were ruin reliable. Because a lot of you, ruin carried you hard. (when totem still up) Ruin was the killer, not you.
Find most of my threads and still to this day, I don’t use Ruin 🤦🏽♂️ Was not here to argue and this has nothing to do with Ruin.