From what I've seen so far on the PTB

These are just some of my thoughts/ first impressions on the major changes in this PTB

Doc: Better to play, 115% m/s at all times is good, delay after shock is apparently going to be reduced so that's fantastic. Static blast is a cool addition to him. Shock therapy range should probably be a bit longer. I feel like live build mouldy electrode should be built in to help around some loops. I had my doubts at first but he seems better now in some areas.

Ruin: It has potential to be good, unfortunately the hex is normally gone early match so you dont get much use of it. Maybe it should activate after a hook so it's not cleansed immediately and so you can get a bit more use out of it due to survivors hopping off gens to go rescue, or maybe make the sparks less noticable. Effect is not as good as live ruin but it's still strong, just in a different way.

Rift: I like those cosmetics on there, charms are nice but I dont care for them as much. However I personally will not be buying the premium pass. If the challenges didnt force you to play the other side I'd buy it since I find survivor utterly boring and frustrating when playing by myself (which is often, my friends dont play this game lol). Maybe next time for the challenges, you can choose to complete it as a killer or as a survivor and it will give you the challenge for the side you'd like to complet if that makes sense. But that's just me, idk how others feel about it.

I've been burnt out from the game for a while now and kind of quit/ stopped playing often and while new ruin is interesting and has potential to be useful, I'm gonna miss the live version. It might make me want to play less especially with how games go at red ranks but I'll see when everything goes live. (Lery's looks amazing btw)

Comments

  • I agree pretty much. I did feel the new ruin was useless at first but it isn't. It honestly isn't bad. But it will not be used ever in ranked games. Not nearly strong enough to be worth the risk of using a hex

  • @goat10em said:

    I agree pretty much. I did feel the new ruin was useless at first but it isn't. It honestly isn't bad. But it will not be used ever in ranked games. Not nearly strong enough to be worth the risk of using a hex

    Agreed. It's not horrible, but its not good either. It needs something to not be cleansed so instantly. That or just dont make it a hex totem (but devs seem against that idea)

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982108#Comment_982108

    Agreed. It's not horrible, but its not good either. It needs something to not be cleansed so instantly. That or just dont make it a hex totem (but devs seem against that idea)

    And I agree with the devs, I do think it would be too strong as a non hex that you're guaranteed to have all game. If that were the case I actually feel new ruin would be used more than old ruin lol. But I also don't think it's nearly strong enough to be a hex.

  • @goat10em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982113#Comment_982113

    And I agree with the devs, I do think it would be too strong as a non hex that you're guaranteed to have all game. If that were the case I actually feel new ruin would be used more than old ruin lol. But I also don't think it's nearly strong enough to be a hex.

    Yeah, it's in a complicated spot lol.