SWF is fine it really is but...
It needs to base the Killer choosen off of PURELY the highest Ranked Survivor in the group.
Example:
Rank 1, Rank 6, Rank 20, and Rank 9 Survive with Friends Team would only get paired vs a Rank 1 Killer.
All SWF bully problems solved.
Comments
Killers will still complain, trust me.
That only fixes the bullying of lowranks by high rank SWF. But SWF as a core mechanic is broken too, so.....
Then new players can't play at all with their higher ranked friends because they'll instantly get demolished.
And? It's fair for high level survivors to demolish low level killers?
You roll with a high level survivor you deal with High Level killers
No. You get an average #. 3 Rank 2s and 1 Rank 20 face a Rank 6.
Just as valid as you roll with low level survivors, you deal with Low level killers.
If they don't want to go against high rank killers they shouldn't partner up with High Rank survivors. It's the killers that suffer most from this sort of bullying as they are often paired with players beyond there ability at times to deal with due to sheer experience in the game.
This tweak would lessen the pain of a killer having to deal with people he shouldn't even see in game.
I don't think newbies care. They want to play with their friends. It's the dev's responsibility to make sure the experience is not absolute ######### for either side.
Killers get to face 3 survivors and 1 useless bodybag that probably don't even know what a generator or skill check looks like.
Nah. Killers shouldn't get to see Ranks lower than them either.
why u complaining.. U got 3 sacrifces. LOL
I don't even know what to say about this.......
2. It that was a real Rank 8 Killer, that would have easily been a 3 man escape. They only had 1 Gen left by the time the last one found the hatch.
3. It’s not fair for the Killer.
4. It’s not fair for the Rank 20 who’s being abused for easy games by the Rank 1’s.
5. It’s not right a Rank 20 can be “Boosted” and carried by Rank 1’s who want easy games.
What a ######### bias, you disgust me.
Says the Survivor desperately trying to defend his unbalanced teams.
I hope that someday they add a competitive mode without premades.
SWF is a cáncer
The idea is not bad, but I can see a couple problems with it. First, you'd need to apply the same rule to other survivors if it's not a 4-man team, otherwise solo survivors would happen to play with higher rank killers than they'd supposed to. Second, I think it could make being the low rank survivor a bad experience unless they get carried hard because high rank killers tend to be rightfully mercyless and have no way of knowing who is the noob and who's not. I know it sucks to say it, but if swf is less attractive for newbies the game could suffer for it.
Gotta learn to walk before you can run.
If Lowbies wanna insisted on partying up with High Ranks then they better be ready to run, because they should ONLY get paired against a high rank killer based on there highest rank teammate.
An average still like the screen shot posted leads to rank ones being able to dick with people below them.
If you didn't wanna be rank one, you shouldn't have try harded your way there.
Aren't you an optimist?
It's worth noting that plenty of killers are deranking to crush less skilled survivors, too.
Until the rank system is addressed, any attempts to fix the matchmaking system are ultimately meaningless, so let's encourage the devs to fix ranking first. We all know they have a terrible grasp of order of operations for applying changes...
IMO Killers should be happy with only getting 2 kills per game. We can't have killers so OP that 4 killing is a common thing. Even right now at rank 1 (btw, lots of cheating killers at these ranks) it is common to see a 3k with 1 survivor escaping thru hatch, followed by a 4k, followed by 2+ survivors escaping.
All of these complaints I see on the forums (i think) are from lower tiered characters who didn't or haven't studied/practiced enough to get an A+ on the test. Instead they got a D or a C and complain how the test was too hard.
You don't wanna get tea bagged at the Exit Gates... EZ.. Just don't look. I don't even tea bag ne ways. I am a efficiency player and the less buttons I have to press = better for me.
As I said I don't dislike the idea, I just see it's not a perfect solution. I know of people that quit because "it's too hard", imagine how many would if having a friend in your team, that's supposed to help you, could make it even worse.
They can play, fact is that they SHOULDNT be able to do that.
Every competitvie game has some ranked lock system to prevent dia players boosting bronze plebs etc.
ONly in DBD it is possible for 3 rank 1s to group up with a rank 20 noob and get a rank 18 killer that can be bullied
The solution to that is: Train solo.
Or, y'know, play KYF.
People always seem to forget that mode exists...