Doctor rework rundown.

Buffs:

  • Removed Treatment Mode and the Static Field VFX. The Doctor will no longer need to switch stances to use Shock Therapy, or to use a regular attack.
  • Increased the base range of Shock Therapy by 10%.
  • Added a new special ability, Static Blast, as the secondary power.


Nerfs:

  • Added a 3 second cooldown to Shock Therapy. This means it will take 3 seconds before The Doctor can hit with his primary weapon, use Shock Therapy or use Static Blast.
  • Missing a skill check will regress the progression bar by 1/4th instead of all the way.
  • Skill checks will trigger at every quadrant of the progress bar.
  • Releasing the Snap Out Of It action will keep the progress made instead of resetting.
  • Snapping Out Of It sends Survivors to Madness Tier 1 instead of Tier 2.
  • Reduce charging move speed to 67% normal from 70% normal to keep the speed the same at 3.08 m/s.
  • Madness regresses while outside the Terror Radius, and does not regress while inside it.


I am not including add ons, so the Doctor get a big cooldown on using his power and his Snap out of it was just nerfed, you basically get no penalty for failing Snap out of it and go back to tier 1? He was given a new ability and was made easier to manage and play, but was the cooldown and that much of punishment on Snap out of it needed? Shock Therapy range was increased by 10% which percentages in this game don't really mean what they say, I hope that's not the case here, from the sounds of it, he was made less annoying to play and to play as but in turn, screwed over by some of the changes, the only thing I'm excited about with the Doctor changes is that he got new music, I got the Plague doctor skin because I heard he was going to get reworked soon, so I got it on sale, poor me.


TL;DR: Doctor got very little to help him and much of his power was hurt by what they did, making Snap Out of it weaker and giving him a cooldown on use of his power, add ons not included.

Comments