Change protection hits to be their own reward system(?) affecting both killer and survivor
TL;DR Played 35-40 matches with mettle of man. Overall, trying to activate the perk is too dangerous to be worth it. However, with a few changes to protection hits it could be worth it, like:
- Change "Protection Hits" to "Protection Tokens" that can be gained from various activities that protect survivors, rather than just taking hits. Or make actual "Protection Hits" count as two tokens, and other activities one token.
- If Protection Tokens are added, make it so they can also be lost, like during Unsafe hooking actions.
- Ultimately my idea is to tie survivor behavior to a reward system that rewards and punishes them based on how their actions impact other survivors.
- Like, did a healthy survivor just engage with the killer near an injured survivor to cause the killer to change their focus to the health survivor? I thought this could work by awarding a protection token to the healthy survivor if the killer is in a Chase with an injured survivor, and without that Chase status breaking, the Healthy survivor remains in a chase, and the unhealthy survivor leaves the chase. Sort of like passing that status off like a baton.
- Allow Protection Hits or Protection Tokens to earned near a survivor that is in the dying state.
- There were so many times that I put my neck on the line for a survivor that was just put into the dying state, or had been in the dying state and I was trying to heal them. Yet, I got no protection hits even though i took damage to protect them, whether I was healing them or I led the killer away so they could be healed.
- Change Breakout to award a survivor with a protection token if the carried survivor successfully escapes the killer's grasp while breakout is active.
- Make the radius for protection hits larger.
- There were many times where I distracted a killer from an injured survivor that led to me being hit a second or so later without receiving a protection token because the other survivor had ran the opposite way and was too far for it to count.
- The killer could be brought into this as well by awarding killers for punishing altruistic survivors, awarding points in either deviousness or brutality.
- Although, I think killers can be brought in to this foray to be awarded for punishing altruism, I don't think anything should be added, like punishing a killer for camping, as they're already punished for being near a hooked survivor.
During the bloodhunt I decided to try and workout a build that made proper use of Mettle of Man, not believing that it was as hard as most survivors say Mettle of Man is to activate. My stats prof always said a sample size of 40 is pretty much the same thing as an infinite sample size, so I played about 35-40 matches using Mettle of Man. But, I wasn't able to get it to activate even once. I could just be bad - I am a killer main, afterall - but I don't want to believe that.
Often times the survivor was put into the dying state before the killer turned to me. Granted, this means I didn't protect them. Then again, I would usually lead the killer away, which in turn protects them as they can then be healed.
I tried many different approaches like; throwing myself at the killer; hiding out near other survivors waiting for the killer to find them so I could protect them; playing the game normally; using perks like Empathy to chase down survivors in trouble. All to no avail. A lot of the time I ended up taking damage without any benefit or died trying because I would begin to annoy the killer, which led to the killer tunneling me.
Comments