How do you play on the PTB?
I wanted to try out the new PTB coming out today, but how do I do that? I play on steam btw.
I wanted to try out the new PTB coming out today, but how do I do that? I play on steam btw.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You go to your steam library, right click on Dead by Daylight, Properties, go to "Betas" and there you can select the PTB when it goes live.
Once the PTB comes out, the devs will usually release instructions telling you exactly how to join it.
But generally, the way it works is that you right-click on Dead By Daylight in your Steam library, go to 'Properties', then under the 'Betas' tab there is a drop-down menu from which you can select to join the PTB. Steam should then start downloading the PTB (although you may need to restart it first).
Currently, the option isn't available, but once the PTB goes live it will be.
You can find a quick guide here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26/
Although you won't be able to download or play the PTB until it goes live later today. Keep an eye on Steam, we'll let you know when the PTB is going live.
Cheers, thanks! :)
The PTB has not started yet.
Does this disable the current dbd install? Can i run both at the same time/ not at the same time but have both on my system and choose which one to run? Or can only one run and it disables the other till i opt out again?
The way betas work on Steam is that it updates your current install to the beta build. To go back to the normal version, you need to opt out of the beta and update back to the normal build.