Splinters update

Splinters no longer appear in blood webs. This is a good change and I fully support it because despite owning all the content in the game I still get splinters for Myers in my killer bloodwebs.

Splinters are disabled. This I don't support as much. I think that if you have them, you should still be able to use them. The only reason I could see for this change is a technical one, as maybe this is required to have them no longer spawn in the bloodwebs.

Comments

  • Where is this announced?

  • @Pulsar said:

    Where is this announced?

    Not officially.

    I know we shouldn't be talking leaks but we will see the patch notes officially tomorrow anyway.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Where is this announced?

    It hasn't been officially announced yet. Its leak notes/rumor stuff not bhvr confirmed.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971297#Comment_971297

    Not officially.

    I know we shouldn't be talking leaks but we will see the patch notes officially tomorrow anyway.

    The leaks also said that they are removing any ability to see rank, instead of fixing the MM

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971308#Comment_971308

    The leaks also said that they are removing any ability to see rank, instead of fixing the MM

    That's a different topic. And the source of these leaks have always been correct about patch notes.

    I'm just making this post to say that I like that they finally did something about splinters, however I feel like they should still be enabled if you have them.

    At the very least if they are going to remove them entirely give us some sort of BP refund.

    PS. Off topic but they also fixed the permanent speed boost bug where survivors were always running at 150% speed. Among other things, this shows the patch is not entirely survivor sided.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Never have splinters pop up as I own all killers. Are you guys console maybe?

  • @youarewronglol said:

    this is because BHVR couldn't be bothered to not make the splinters pop up if you bought the killers in the in game store

    and i can understand why after all they gotta break stalking again and that's a lot of hard work

    Well I'm looking at it from a technical perspective. It's probably not an easy fix, and I can fully understand that, so removing them completely makes sense. Especially if they don't have splinters for all DLC killers anymore. Though now this is a thing, I would like to see them implement a new "try before you buy" thing. Maybe you can spend like 500 shards to play as a DLC killer you don't own with adept perks just to try it.

  • @Nonfunctional said:

    Never have splinters pop up as I own all killers. Are you guys console maybe?

    I am but the thing is I ONLY get Myers splinters. And I think this is because I bought Myers with auric cells instead of buying the DLC through the Xbox Store. So the game doesn't seem to recognize that I own the killer. Bubba, Pig, Freddy, I bought all of them through the Xbox Store and don't get splinters. And I've heard of other people having similar issues because they bought the killer the same way. I don't think it's a platform issue, it's an issue with the way the game checks if you own the killer depending on how they were purchased.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/971402#Comment_971402

    I am but the thing is I ONLY get Myers splinters. And I think this is because I bought Myers with auric cells instead of buying the DLC through the Xbox Store. So the game doesn't seem to recognize that I own the killer. Bubba, Pig, Freddy, I bought all of them through the Xbox Store and don't get splinters. And I've heard of other people having similar issues because they bought the killer the same way. I don't think it's a platform issue, it's an issue with the way the game checks if you own the killer depending on how they were purchased.

    Yeah that could be it as well. I bought the chapters with real cash. Sucks to hear it. I hope the solution comes quickly for you then.