Concerned About Wording Regarding Doctor’s Changes

The PTB discussion shared with us contradicts things shared with us previously, and I want to bring attention to them as they both imply a weaker Doctor.

  1. I asked after the stream that talked about Doctor’s rework, “how much will the static blast raise madness?” Peanits directly responded to this that it would be a full tier’s worth of madness. The PTB discussion says “if static blast raises a survivor’s madness tier...” which to me implies there’s a chance it’ll hit a survivor and won’t raise their madness tier, which is an objective nerf from what was said before if that’s correct.
  2. The “short delay” between Doctor using shock therapy and being able to do anything else: I’m not saying it will be, I’m withholding judgement, but IF it’s close to the time it used to take to swap stances, then it’s not really a QoL for his chase ability at all. This isn’t as immediate of a concern as my first point, but I want to raise the potential for concern there now so people who try the PTB can compare.

I’m still tentatively optimistic about his changes, but the wording used in the thread shared with us is concerning to say the least...

Comments

  • 1) I think it's irrelevant, cause I would assume getting hit by static blast would still incite a scream, regardless of the madness tier up or not.

    2) Very sneaky putting this change in, and then also distracting us with the massive Hex: Ruin nerf. They basically added Clown's handicap from throwing a bottle and having (what feels like an eternity) a delay to being able to attach, to the Doctor's shocking.

    They also didn't give us all the addon changes, which frustrates me, because now, we have basically no new information (other than what was listed in #2).

  • Yeah, Im kinda worried that this may endup being barely a buff at all, and Doctor desperately needs one if you ask me.

  • @PyroGL said:

    1) I think it's irrelevant, cause I would assume getting hit by static blast would still incite a scream, regardless of the madness tier up or not.

    2) Very sneaky putting this change in, and then also distracting us with the massive Hex: Ruin nerf. They basically added Clown's handicap from throwing a bottle and having (what feels like an eternity) a delay to being able to attach, to the Doctor's shocking.

    They also didn't give us all the addon changes, which frustrates me, because now, we have basically no new information (other than what was listed in #2).

    Keep in mind there’s a scream from tier up and there’s a scream with no notification for getting zapped without tiering up. It’s pretty directionless as well, the no notification scream. Good luck finding who you shocked if they don’t tier up.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968958#Comment_968958

    Keep in mind there’s a scream from tier up and there’s a scream with no notification for getting zapped without tiering up. It’s pretty directionless as well, the no notification scream. Good luck finding who you shocked if they don’t tier up.

    I don't believe that is correct. The scream notifications have a min range before they are shown to you. Obviously, if you shock therapy someone directly in front of you, you don't get the notification, cause you know where they are already.

  • @PyroGL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/968976#Comment_968976

    I don't believe that is correct. The scream notifications have a min range before they are shown to you. Obviously, if you shock therapy someone directly in front of you, you don't get the notification, cause you know where they are already.

    I’m 90% sure if you shock someone and spin away from them, you will sometimes see an arrow saying “notification this way!” Which means they tiered up, and sometimes you won’t.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969023#Comment_969023

    I’m 90% sure if you shock someone and spin away from them, you will sometimes see an arrow saying “notification this way!” Which means they tiered up, and sometimes you won’t.

    It is possible the distinction of screams and notifications is messed up. Maybe they will make it consistent someday.

  • @PyroGL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969052#Comment_969052

    It is possible the distinction of screams and notifications is messed up. Maybe they will make it consistent someday.

    That’s exactly my concern though - “someday” means a definitively nerfed Doctor if Static Blast doesn’t always level up madness by a tier for...an indeterminate amount of time. Which is why I made it my first point: static blast is a worthwhile ability if you are guaranteed to get a scream if someone is around and not in a locker. It is not if you aren’t.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969075#Comment_969075

    That’s exactly my concern though - “someday” means a definitively nerfed Doctor if Static Blast doesn’t always level up madness by a tier for...an indeterminate amount of time. Which is why I made it my first point: static blast is a worthwhile ability if you are guaranteed to get a scream if someone is around and not in a locker. It is not if you aren’t.

    They did relate it to using your "Ultimate" in other games like LoL and Overwatch. Just depends how ultimate they think a killers ultimate should be.

  • I think this is clearly a nerf. I can agree, static field could be annoying, and there is not too much effort (however you become slower from it, what give them enough time to get far away when they see you coming, or more time to repair before they have to withdraw).

    Now you will have no idea where are the survivors if they are sneaky at least a little. You have to use randomly your blast, whit a grate CD on it. It will be pure luck in the majority to find somebody with it.

  • I’ll add as well that the snap out of it changes are objectively nerfs as well, as well as confusing for me. At base, you were guaranteed 3 skillchecks to snap out of it. If it regresses by 25%, does it add a skill check? If you get 2 skillchecks before you stop and run away for a bit, do you only need one more to finish? And can a further shock from Doc reset the progress? It was already pretty easy to snap out of it, I’m concerned the status will be about as useful as deep wounds now.

  • @LordRegal said:

    The PTB discussion shared with us contradicts things shared with us previously, and I want to bring attention to them as they both imply a weaker Doctor.

    1. I asked after the stream that talked about Doctor’s rework, “how much will the static blast raise madness?” Peanits directly responded to this that it would be a full tier’s worth of madness. The PTB discussion says “if static blast raises a survivor’s madness tier...” which to me implies there’s a chance it’ll hit a survivor and won’t raise their madness tier, which is an objective nerf from what was said before if that’s correct.
    2. The “short delay” between Doctor using shock therapy and being able to do anything else: I’m not saying it will be, I’m withholding judgement, but IF it’s close to the time it used to take to swap stances, then it’s not really a QoL for his chase ability at all. This isn’t as immediate of a concern as my first point, but I want to raise the potential for concern there now so people who try the PTB can compare.

    I’m still tentatively optimistic about his changes, but the wording used in the thread shared with us is concerning to say the least...

    Someone should time how long it takes to zap someone, switch stances and hit the person.

    For comparison and

    8313A4ZF7KZL.png


  • Total time after the shock hits is just under 2.5 seconds. You could JUST BARELY hit a survivor camping a pallet in the time granted to you where they couldn’t throw it before they’d be able to stun you. I was able to use the shock in a chase under ideal circumstances to get an easy hit, but if I wasn’t there ASAP I couldn’t get them before they vaulted or threw the pallet.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969075#Comment_969075

    That’s exactly my concern though - “someday” means a definitively nerfed Doctor if Static Blast doesn’t always level up madness by a tier for...an indeterminate amount of time. Which is why I made it my first point: static blast is a worthwhile ability if you are guaranteed to get a scream if someone is around and not in a locker. It is not if you aren’t.

    They did relate Static Blast to using your "Ultimate" in other games like LoL and Overwatch. We shall see just how ultimate they think a killer ult should be.