Bannable Offense?

So I was playing Leatherface in the Saw map. I sacrificed one surv before they got their first gen and then after hooking the rest for bbq and chili points, downed all 3 when they still had 4 gens left to go. I decided to let them heal and started going after them again (without hooking any of them, but downing them instead.) I wanted them to get points and at least safety pip, as well get more points for myself, because I am not satisfied with a match that lasts less than five minutes. After the match, one of them said he reported me for farming points. Normally I wouldn't care (and I'm not worried because I know I won't get banned over this,) but it got me thinking, where exactly is the line drawn at what is considered a bannable farming offense? If someone who works with Behaviour could shed some light on this, it would be much appreciated, but all replies are welcome.
Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Also, I did mention that the reason I did this was simply because I had already beaten them, but have no interest in short matches. I don't want a 3 minute long match that only gets me like 5,000 bp. Gen rushing is already bad enough. When the game ends in less than 5 min, it is boring.
  • Technically it is not allowed AFAIK, but no need to be scared of a bann
  • Yee. My question is "How much is too much in the eyes of the devs?"
  • It has never been clearly addressed afaik. I think that it is perfectly acceptable to go easy on bad players. And I also would go as far as saying that it is perfectly acceptable to stop at the exit gates after a legit match and let everyone get points for hitting and healing, since it does not interfere with normal gameplay, nor does it remove the competetive nature of the game. 
  • A piece of advice: kill them all and let the Entity sort it out.

  • One of the most annoying things in this game is when killers want to farm points and they continue to do so at the expense of the gameplay.

    I'm pretty sure they've said it's banable if it affects another player, therefore if the survivors are just trying to play the match but you constantly try and farm and don't kill them It can be punishable.

    However if everyone is just farming and messing about I think it's ok, or if a survivor stays at the end ofthe match and you just mess about it's fine, but if it affects another player (farming someone off the hook, letting a survivor pull them off and repeating until the others are dead is punishable).

  • Don´t worry. It´s only considered farming if the killer teams up with a survivor to farm (and kill) other survivors against their will. This can get you banned.

    But for example, if only 2 loaded into a match or 2 dc right at the start with 5 gens. And you decide to let them unhook and do gens, maybe even escape. THAT is allowed.

  • SenzuDuck said:

    One of the most annoying things in this game is when killers want to farm points and they continue to do so at the expense of the gameplay.

    I'm pretty sure they've said it's banable if it affects another player, therefore if the survivors are just trying to play the match but you constantly try and farm and don't kill them It can be punishable.

    However if everyone is just farming and messing about I think it's ok, or if a survivor stays at the end ofthe match and you just mess about it's fine, but if it affects another player (farming someone off the hook, letting a survivor pull them off and repeating until the others are dead is punishable).

    That's interesting. Makes sense though. If one player wants to rush the match and just get their pip while everyone else wants a long match for bp, what then? Or a more likely scenario, if one person wants a quick pip while everyone else is just playing for fun and doesn't care how long the match drags on.

    The funny thing with this match was that it was actually a very good match, post match chat aside. They made good escapes and I made several good insidious jumpscares (dropping from the second floor right next to them with the chainsaw going) and overall it was still competetive. Two of them nearly bled out on the ground even without the hooks. I suppose fun is subjective though and a person wanting a quick match would be very annoyed by this.
  • SenzuDuck said:

    One of the most annoying things in this game is when killers want to farm points and they continue to do so at the expense of the gameplay.

    I'm pretty sure they've said it's banable if it affects another player, therefore if the survivors are just trying to play the match but you constantly try and farm and don't kill them It can be punishable.

    However if everyone is just farming and messing about I think it's ok, or if a survivor stays at the end ofthe match and you just mess about it's fine, but if it affects another player (farming someone off the hook, letting a survivor pull them off and repeating until the others are dead is punishable).

    That's interesting. Makes sense though. If one player wants to rush the match and just get their pip while everyone else wants a long match for bp, what then? Or a more likely scenario, if one person wants a quick pip while everyone else is just playing for fun and doesn't care how long the match drags on.

    The funny thing with this match was that it was actually a very good match, post match chat aside. They made good escapes and I made several good insidious jumpscares (dropping from the second floor right next to them with the chainsaw going) and overall it was still competetive. Two of them nearly bled out on the ground even without the hooks. I suppose fun is subjective though and a person wanting a quick match would be very annoyed by this.
    Had a match where 1 dc during the loading screen and another 1 right after the start. I decided to let the other 2 do gens, hook, unhook, heal, and escape after reaching max points.

    One of them: "I made a video, enjoy your ban!"

    Some time later I had a similar situation, I didn't let them farm and ended the match quickly: "noob killer, went full tryhard with only 2 survivors, reported!"

    Never received a game ban.
  • Tsulan said:
    Had a match where 1 dc during the loading screen and another 1 right after the start. I decided to let the other 2 do gens, hook, unhook, heal, and escape after reaching max points.

    One of them: "I made a video, enjoy your ban!"

    Some time later I had a similar situation, I didn't let them farm and ended the match quickly: "noob killer, went full tryhard with only 2 survivors, reported!"

    Never received a game ban.
    The report system is trash ATM until the developers finish the new report system. 
  • No, that wouldn't get you banned. We'd only care if you're farming at someone else's expense. e.g. Singling out someone and letting people unhook them repeatedly, only to immediately down them and rehook them, farming them for points. Or if you're forcing someone who doesn't want to farm to stay in the match (like by blocking the exit gate switches so they can't leave).

    In your case, it's not against the rules to go easy on them and give them a second chance. It'd be a different story if you and three survivors got together and had a farming party, and then you kept dragging the fourth guy who has zero interest in farming over and forcing him to farm with you. But you're good.