I strafe, I don’t turn, am I hurting myself?

Serious question, as a killer and survivor I turn with the mouse but never turn with keys (except billy) I only strafe. Am I going slower on loops because of this?

I see streamers hugging loops seemingly a lot better than me, so as killer and survivors should I learn how to turn with my keys instead?

Also so you turn and strafe at once, if so how, that seems like a lot of fingers lol.

Sorry never been good at video games.

Comments

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Serious question, as a killer and survivor I turn with the mouse but never turn with keys (except billy) I only strafe. Am I going slower on loops because of this?

    I see streamers hugging loops seemingly a lot better than me, so as killer and survivors should I learn how to turn with my keys instead?

    Also so you turn and strafe at once, if so how, that seems like a lot of fingers lol.

    Sorry never been good at video games.

    you use keys

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I only used the keys to turn when playing Billy. Or maybe when hooking someone as take a drink, or something like that.

    I mapped "Q" and "E" to turn left and right respectively.

    I've never suffered any problems with looping because of it.

    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    @johnmwarner

    I use the mouse to maneuver my camera and have done for 3 years. I've never encountered an issue in terms of looping as a result. I've tried to use the arrow keys before but it just seemed like an unnecessary hassle for little benefit.

    I'd say play however is most comfortable for you.

    Thank you, I use QE to strafe left or right. W move forward and D move back.

    When I play Billy or Oni I turn with 1-3

  • Thanks guys, I’ll stick with my current although maybe I need to fiddle my mouse sensitivity