That's something you'll have to bring up with the support team or a dev themselves, nobody here can really answer that question unless they found a fix to it.
Asking the support team can let them know about the issue (if they don't know already). It can also possible give you some answers or even a fix to said issue! But whether or not a fix does exist or the support team is aware of this is unknown, so please do file a ticket to get your answer squared away.
Older players grew up with inverted controls. It made sense back in the day because it seemed to match how we move our head movement (move your head back to look up).
This unnatural "normal" is very hard to switch to. It feels like trying to ride a bike cross handed.
Older players grew up with inverted controls. It made sense back in the day because it seemed to match how we move our head movement (move your head back to look up).
This unnatural "normal" is very hard to switch to. It feels like trying to ride a bike cross handed.
Tank controls don't really mix well with actual gameplay mechanics...
Like, imagine playing Killer with a controller, but up is down, left is right, and the camera moves in the opposite directions as well... it could work for some people that condition themselves to play with these controls, but not the majority of players no.
That's why the concept of tank controls is pretty dead... in terms of a standard setting for your controls anyways.
Why is this even a debate? It's obviously just a matter of personal preference, everyone should be able to just play with the controls that feel easiest and most natural for them.
Why is this even a debate? It's obviously just a matter of personal preference, everyone should be able to just play with the controls that feel easiest and most natural for them.
🤷♂️
The issue with this question is that UNLESS you know a fix to it... than it can't really be answered by anyone here. Hence why I suggested he bring it up to the support team, they'll either have a fix or give him an answer/information on the question itself.
Besides that though... there wasn't really anything else to talk about above, so now it's a debate?... idk. I just left my opinion on it and than it sort of just ended there, until now.
I'm in a weird place in this. When I play a game with mouse and keyboard, I can control fine. But if play a game with a controller, I'm so used to inverted controls that not using them throws me off badly.
Early in my playing DBD, I favored controller for survivor and mouse/keyboard for killer and had to swap between them accordingly. Not as much as issue now as I've since started using mouse and keyboard for survivor too
Ok so I emailed the devs and they are going to look into fixing this. Regardless of who thinks I should be using inverted controls or not, it’s still a problem that shouldn’t be there. It’s my preference.
Ok so I emailed the devs and they are going to look into fixing this. Regardless of who thinks I should be using inverted controls or not, it’s still a problem that shouldn’t be there. It’s my preference.
I agree, and I'm glad they got back to you so quickly. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!
Ok so I emailed the devs and they are going to look into fixing this. Regardless of who thinks I should be using inverted controls or not, it’s still a problem that shouldn’t be there. It’s my preference.
I didn't even realise they flipped the camera for inverted controls. I did notice that when I play Oni my view goes all over the place when I try to hit someone with the club. I thought it was just me being terrible.
Ok so I emailed the devs and they are going to look into fixing this. Regardless of who thinks I should be using inverted controls or not, it’s still a problem that shouldn’t be there. It’s my preference.
Good to know that they're aware/have been aware of this issue.
Hopefully it'll get resolved for you soon so you don't have to worry about it happening again.
I didn't even realise they flipped the camera for inverted controls. I did notice that when I play Oni my view goes all over the place when I try to hit someone with the club. I thought it was just me being terrible.
Thanks for reporting it.
I thought it was just me, too! It never even occurred to me I was having trouble controlling the camera because the controls were temporarily un-inverted.
I didn't even realise they flipped the camera for inverted controls. I did notice that when I play Oni my view goes all over the place when I try to hit someone with the club. I thought it was just me being terrible.
Thanks for reporting it.
I personally never noticed it, the view is just locked in place with a slightly side to side movement (depending on where my mouse is moved).
Unless this was added into the new change, than I personally don't notice it.
I'd imagine it is, since The Oni changes for all platforms would almost all be the same or the same... depends on the issues and the platforms of course.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
WHy would you want to play with inverted controls. What kind of psychopath are you
psychopath?!? I have always played with inverted control 🤦♀️. I can ask you the same question
He probably played some earlier games that were inverted such as GTA:SA so you know yeah.
But yeah it is kind of stupid to play with inverted controls.
@calamity_bee
That's something you'll have to bring up with the support team or a dev themselves, nobody here can really answer that question unless they found a fix to it.
Here's the support link: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
Asking the support team can let them know about the issue (if they don't know already). It can also possible give you some answers or even a fix to said issue! But whether or not a fix does exist or the support team is aware of this is unknown, so please do file a ticket to get your answer squared away.
It’s not stupid actually. Try it sometime. It actually makes the game easier to play
I personally couldn't play in inverted controls, reminds me of the Resident Evil tank controls...
Older players grew up with inverted controls. It made sense back in the day because it seemed to match how we move our head movement (move your head back to look up).
This unnatural "normal" is very hard to switch to. It feels like trying to ride a bike cross handed.
Tank controls don't really mix well with actual gameplay mechanics...
Like, imagine playing Killer with a controller, but up is down, left is right, and the camera moves in the opposite directions as well... it could work for some people that condition themselves to play with these controls, but not the majority of players no.
That's why the concept of tank controls is pretty dead... in terms of a standard setting for your controls anyways.
Why is this even a debate? It's obviously just a matter of personal preference, everyone should be able to just play with the controls that feel easiest and most natural for them.
🤷♂️
The issue with this question is that UNLESS you know a fix to it... than it can't really be answered by anyone here. Hence why I suggested he bring it up to the support team, they'll either have a fix or give him an answer/information on the question itself.
Besides that though... there wasn't really anything else to talk about above, so now it's a debate?... idk. I just left my opinion on it and than it sort of just ended there, until now.
I'm in a weird place in this. When I play a game with mouse and keyboard, I can control fine. But if play a game with a controller, I'm so used to inverted controls that not using them throws me off badly.
Early in my playing DBD, I favored controller for survivor and mouse/keyboard for killer and had to swap between them accordingly. Not as much as issue now as I've since started using mouse and keyboard for survivor too
Ok so I emailed the devs and they are going to look into fixing this. Regardless of who thinks I should be using inverted controls or not, it’s still a problem that shouldn’t be there. It’s my preference.
I agree, and I'm glad they got back to you so quickly. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!
I didn't even realise they flipped the camera for inverted controls. I did notice that when I play Oni my view goes all over the place when I try to hit someone with the club. I thought it was just me being terrible.
Thanks for reporting it.
Good to know that they're aware/have been aware of this issue.
Hopefully it'll get resolved for you soon so you don't have to worry about it happening again.
I thought it was just me, too! It never even occurred to me I was having trouble controlling the camera because the controls were temporarily un-inverted.
I personally never noticed it, the view is just locked in place with a slightly side to side movement (depending on where my mouse is moved).
Unless this was added into the new change, than I personally don't notice it.
It’s on ps4
I'd imagine it is, since The Oni changes for all platforms would almost all be the same or the same... depends on the issues and the platforms of course.