Is VPN bannable?

I saw lots of VPN users in game and they are not banned yet. Is it ok to move to other server using VPN and enjoy other server?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @GodGame

    It's not bannable, no. But Steam doesn't promote the use of it, as it's against their ToS (Terms of Service).

    So it's a sort of "Use at your own risk" type deal, so do keep that in mind if you decide to do this.

  • @FireHazard said:

    @GodGame

    It's not bannable, no. You're fine to use a VPN to improve your connection (I assume that's why you want to use one).

    VPNs only change your IP address, it doesn't do anything else that would catch BHVRs attention like that.

    VPNs worsen your connection, not improve it. They put a third party between you and the host, and therefor increase latency.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/958274#Comment_958274

    VPNs worsen your connection, not improve it. They put a third party between you and the host, and therefor increase latency.

    I don't use them so I wouldn't know, but whatever he does is "at his own risk," so it's up to him if he wants to risk breaking Steams ToS.

    I edited it above to reflect my new found knowledge of what you said though. 🤫